Mens Tennis Forums banner

Top Four at 27, how do slams go?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discuss. How would the slams be divided between top 4 if all were playing at age 27 at the same time? Keep it civil! :)

Would Murray make a final? (possibly Wimbledon)

Sorry third option in poll should have Djoko listed as winner of US Open.

How do you edit polls?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The question here is as clear as mud. Rephrase.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends on the draw.
True. Although I think Nadal is a shoe-in for French, possibly Djokovic for Aus as well. Federer beats Murray / Djoko in my opinion at Wimbledon if they were all aged 27, don't think Nadal was a factor anymore at that age on grass.

The most interesting slam would be the US open I think.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Anyway the year Murray turned 27 was 2014 when he returned from back surgery, so you'd probably have to consider Murray in 2013 or even this year to fit the principle - considering 2014ray didn't reach a final in reality I don't think he's making one in this scenario :lol:

Djokovic def Federer AO
Nadal def Djokovic RG
Federer def Djokovic W
Nadal def Federer USO

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
inb4 Chico says Djokovic wins everywhere and we are butthurt haters and that No1e is so underrated around here.
:stupid: HOwever you are a butthurt hater indeed. Otherwise you would not post retarder posts like this one.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
The answer is clear:

Djokovic - Nadal - Federer - Djokovic

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
True. Although I think Nadal is a shoe-in for French, possibly Djokovic for Aus as well. Federer beats Murray / Djoko in my opinion at Wimbledon if they were all aged 27, don't think Nadal was a factor anymore at that age on grass.

The most interesting slam would be the US open I think.
Maybe Federer might win in Australia, although it depends on which surface is used whether it is on plexicushion or Rebound Ace. I think US Open will depend on the draw and whether Federer has to play Nadal or not.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
BTW what is a difference between second and third option on the poll?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyway the year Murray turned 27 was 2014 when he returned from back surgery, so you'd probably have to consider Murray in 2013 or even this year to fit the principle - considering 2014ray didn't reach a final in reality I don't think he's making one in this scenario :lol:

Djokovic def Federer AO
Nadal def Djokovic RG
Federer def Djokovic W
Nadal def Federer USO
That's a fair point. What age was Murray when he won Wimbledon? 26? Maybe if you included this Murray would he make Wimbledon final?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Murray CYGS.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
That's a fair point. What age was Murray when he won Wimbledon? 26? Maybe if you included this Murray would he make Wimbledon final?
Yeah Murray was 26 when he won Wimbledon. If it was Murray about the same age but without injury issues then he would probably be Wimbledon final over Djokovic, with Federer still winning. Murray in his prime could maybe even take out Nadal at USO and Federer would win that, as actually happened when Federer was 27 :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW what is a difference between second and third option on the poll?
My bad - should read Djokovic - Nadal - Federer - Djokovic. Do you think Djoko would win US Open? Considering his loss against Nishikori at 27 years old in US semi?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
My bad - should read Djokovic - Nadal - Federer - Djokovic. Do you think Djoko would win US Open? Considering his loss against Nishikori at 27 years old in US semi?
Voted third option then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts