Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic dropped one set to Hewitt. Other than that the top 4 has been cruising. Has there ever been a period in tennis like this? The top 4 have really widened the gap it seems.

Hopefully all 4 will get stiffer tests in the quarters

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
yes it is boring with such domination in the tour.................................. I can't recall the last tournament where there were so many bagels and breadsticks, there have been a shit load in the mensdraw

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Murray dropped that opening set to Ryan Harrison

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Nadal won't drop a set this tournament.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
At this rate, the top 4 will claim at least 14/16 semifinal slots this year.
True.. just like last year and we want see new player with maiden 1/2 at Majors for second year in a row

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Should do. Just the one, before Nadal runs away with it. If he doesn't, I'll join all the Bogans in their chorus of boos for Berdych.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Courier discussed it last night during the Hewitt-Djokovic match. If Novak had won in straights last night it would have been the first time in history that the Top 3 got to the Quarter Finals without dropping a set. But Novak dropped a set so…

·
Registered
57 Posts
this is bad news for the rest of the tour. usually you can count on the top players not finding their form at the beginning of the season but it looks like the top 4 are all already in mid-season form

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Hey people! Murray lost a set to Ryan! Hope this helps...

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I predict some of them will drop sets, and matches, pretty soon. Though it would be interesting seeing three retirements at 5-4 40-0 to avoid the dropped set.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts