Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer is a great champion, but given his losses today & in 2008, and given how Sampras was invincible for a decade, winning 7 out of 7 finals in 8 years, Pete is still top of the tree for me.

Djokovic needs to win one more to enter the list IMO.

1. Sampras
2. Federer
3. Borg
4. Laver
5. McEnroe
6. Renshaw
7. Becker
8. Henman
9. Connors
10. Edberg

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Federer is a great champion, but given his losses today & in 2008, and given how Sampras was invincible for a decade, winning 7 out of 7 finals in 8 years, Pete is still top of the tree for me.

1. Sampras
2. Federer
3. Borg
4. Laver
5. McEnroe
6. Renshaw
7. Becker
8. Henman
9. Connors
10. Edberg
You do realize that loosing in two finals means in addition to 7 1st places he has 2 second place finishes. In terms of achievements he is clearly number one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I love Henman and dislike Djokovic, but seriously, Henman never even won it, why is he above Connors, Edberg, Nadal and Djokovic? /facepalm

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Federer obviously ahead of Sampras now. Anyone who thinks not must prefer losing QFs and SFs to losing finals.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Henman, lol

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

1. Sampras
2. Federer
3. Borg
4. Laver
5. McEnroe
6. Renshaw
7. Becker
8. Henman
9. Connors
10. Edberg
Invincible? His losses came before the final, which to any rational person is worse than losing in the final. Federer clearly has the best Wimbledon record.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts