Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys since i m from Balkans i decide to make a list of top 10 players from region.There are many talented players and i have tried to be maximum objective.
1.Novak Djokovic / Serbia / - 16 Grand slam,77 titles,5 times atp player of the year,275 weeks at number 1 undoubtedly best players from region
2.Ilie Nastase / Romania / - 2 grand slams,5 grand slam finals ,first atp number 1 ,41 weeks at number 1 ,4 ATP finals
3.Marin Cilic / Croatia / - 1 grand slam,3 grand slam finals,18 titles,1 davis cup, highest rank 3- i have put Cilic ahead of Ivanisevic because even if he has one grand slam final less he has reach his 3 finals on 3 different tournaments,contrary to Ivanisevic who have reached final on only 1 tournament
4.Goran Ivanisevic / Croatia / - 1 grand slam,4 grand slam finals,22 titles,highest rank 2
5.Ivan Ljubicic / Croatia / - 1 grand slam semifinal,10 titles,1 davis cup, highest rank 3,1 Masters title,4 masters finals
6.Grigor Dimitrov / Bulgaria / - 3 grand slam semifinals,8 titles,1 masters title,1 ATP Finals title,career high 3 - extremely talented but uncosistent player.I ve put Ljubicic ahead of him because the croat s results had been far more consistent than ups and downs of Grigor
7.Nicola Pilic / Yugoslavia / - 1 grand slam final,9 titles ,career high 6
8.Stefanos Tsitsipas / Greece / - extremely talented player who have all the chances to became one of the best in his generation and surpass Nastase as second best player from Balkans,1 grand slam semifinal,2 masters finals,3 tilles and career high 5 so far but he is very young and i am sure he ll achieve far more.
9. Janko Tipsarevic / Serbia / - player who in his prime can make it very difficult for any player to beat him.His character and dedication to tennis is really admirable after all his injuries. He finished his career with 4 titles,1 davis cup,3 masters semifinals and career high 8
10.Slobodan Zivojinovic / Yugoslavia / - 2 titles, 2 grand slam semifinals,the first famous Yugoslav player who surely made a path to Yugoslav tennis and after him great champions like Djokovic and Seles have appeared.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts