Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

pretty old match but at that time Gaudio was #10 of the world and was playing one of his best seasons. Did that punishment ever happen again to a Top 10 player? I remember Berdych being slendered by Goffin some years ago if I am not wrong but I do not know if he was still in top 10.

Best regards

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
some other close calls

Berdych vs Djokovic Beijing 2014. Djokovic served for the match at 6-0 *5-0 but was broken, and closed it 6-0 6-2
Federer vs Murray World Tour Finals 2014 Murray serving at 6-0 5-0 30-15* down
Anderson vs Nishikori ATP finals 2018. Kei held at 6-0 5-0 down to avoid a double bagel :eek: one of his worst matches I've seen.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't quite recall Berdych's play hampered by injury in that one against Goffin. It's highly unlikely that he was in good shape physically, but it simply looked like one of those extremely bad days for him, and David was pretty terrific (and often very lucky too). Berdych actually had three BP chances, all of which he wasted of course.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwa7P_6REpQ

pretty old match but at that time Gaudio was #10 of the world and was playing one of his best seasons. Did that punishment ever happen again to a Top 10 player? I remember Berdych being slendered by Goffin some years ago if I am not wrong but I do not know if he was still in top 10.

Best regards

... Lendl hilariously gave Connors the mother of all beatings when he humiliated him 6-0,6-0 during their semi-final clash at Forrest Hills in 1984

Lendl won 51 points to Connors 16

Connors was also the Number 1 seed for the tournament :haha::haha::haha::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Getting double bagelled by big Goffin on clay is an underrated achievement that I rarely hear mentioned when people talk about Berdych.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
The contrast between relaxed and slightly surprised Goffin and sweating, defeated Berdych who looks like he wouldn't mind retiring right on the spot is hilarious.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
... Lendl hilariously gave Connors the mother of all beatings when he humiliated him 6-0,6-0 during their semi-final clash at Forrest Hills in 1984

Lendl won 51 points to Connors 16

Connors was also the Number 1 seed for the tournament :haha::haha::haha::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJCou87sIc&t=176s
Oh well, that was way before I was even planned I think :D Anyway thank you!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwa7P_6REpQ

Best regards
Man, I miss that FH :crying:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts