Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Djokovic withdraws, there is a open way to the final for Isner. He'll play Ferrer today, if he wins will play against Tsonga. Final against Murray/Federer/Berdych/Monaco. If he wins the title, he will complete the season as number 9!

Jump on him bandwagon now. At least, getting to the final is not a dream with this draw. (surely he will have very weak chances against Federer or Murray but nevermind)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Would love to see that but he can't beat David

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
No...please no Isner in TOP10.
Ferrer should beat him on these courts.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Isner also knows this. Might cause some pressure. Monfils, Simon, Dolgo had similar opportunities and all of them failed. Tipsy also has had many chances but he is nr9 atm so yeah maybe not a fail

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
gawd that would be as horrible as Fish being in the top 10 with just good results at the hc Masters and 1 quarterfinals at the slams:tape:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I don't think Isner is going to win the Tournament and I certainly hope he doesn't make it into the Top 10! Whoever said Fish being in the Top 10 was bad enough is certainly right.
America needs to develop some really great tennis players like we had in the past.

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ferrer leads H2H 3-0 but they didn't played since 2009. More over, they played two times in 2007 when Isner was still developing his game. In 2009 they played in Miami which is a very slow hard court (even slower than this year's Paris) and Isner took him to 3 sets. I think Ferrer is the favourite but as slightly...

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
that would be awful

but it doesnt matter because its not going to happen, he's not good enough to beat that many good players in a row

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't fancy his chances of reaching the final and winning the title would be a real surprise IMO, can't see him beating Federer or Murray.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
He won't beat Federer but regardless of what happens in this tournament, he's got a good chance of making the top 10. His results this year were poor until July and he's got hardly anything to defend until then. A few strong runs during the early hard court swing and a decent run at Queen's/Wimbledon and he'll most likely crack the top 10 at some point.

:lol: @ this "horrible for tennis" bullshit

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
As said above, with the bad start to this season Isner had, his ranking is only going to go up. People forget Isner was below .500 heading into Newport, and since then he's been playing a top 10-15 standard consistently. Top 10 is extremely realistic for Isner. Hopefully he does make the finals, but he won't win the title.

·
Registered
224 Posts
gawd that would be as horrible as Fish being in the top 10 with just good results at the hc Masters and 1 quarterfinals at the slams:tape:
The difference between Fish doing it and Isner is that he's much younger at 26 soon to be 27. It may be tennis old but consider he spent 4 years in college winning a national title for the Georgia Bulldogs.

Would you guys trade a national title in college tennis and a bachelor's degree in Speech Communication for 4 extra devolopment years? I wouldn't if I was a tennis player

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
not to get off topic but what the hell is wrong with Fish being in the top 10????
Maybe you can enlighten me on why it is more fitting for Thomas Berdych to be in the top 10 considering he only has one major QF, and pretty shitty masters results...
or Nicholas Almagro who hasn't even made a major QF or a masters final

1 - 20 of 58 Posts