1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
:worship:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Super. Funny one was Tomas winning the point against Nadal in a hotshot. :lol: Great video overall. Dimi :worship:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
The no.2 and no.3 are better than the no.1...

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
I thought Monfils's was the best, then Federer's. Dimitrov does have an impressive number of hot shots this year though, and the one they named #1 is probably 3rd in my mind.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
That Dimitrov point vs. Murray was surely amazing because of the physicality of the rally, but for me the best point was the Haas's one against Federer.

PS Chardy's point vs. Federer MP down in Rome should be in the list for sure.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I love how most of the points are only possible due to the other guy's utter failure to put away the rally. Monfils' pass on the first shot was probably the most unlikely but also the biggest fluke of the lot. Dimitrov/Murray was probably the most ridiculous overall point so it's a good number one. The Fossil gets browny points because he is frail and hit about 4 separate shots on the dead run which is absurd for a 36 year old.

Dimitrov will be in ruins that he only featured in three of them.

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
I love how most of the points are only possible due to the other guy's utter failure to put away the rally. Monfils' pass on the first shot was probably the most unlikely but also the biggest fluke of the lot. Dimitrov/Murray was probably the most ridiculous overall point so it's a good number one. The Fossil gets browny points because he is frail and hit about 4 separate shots on the dead run which is absurd for a 36 year old.

Dimitrov will be in ruins that he only featured in three of them.
I dunno. I feel like most of them, while obviously not stellar putaways, were acceptable ones- ones that would win the point 90% of the time. And they were generally the right shot in the situation. Sure, Youzhny and Mathieu certainly could have put the shot away better, but still they win that point 49/50 times. The only really butchered putaway was Brown's.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I dunno. I feel like most of them, while obviously not stellar putaways, were acceptable ones- ones that would win the point 90% of the time. And they were generally the right shot in the situation. Sure, Youzhny and Mathieu certainly could have put the shot away better, but still they win that point 49/50 times. The only really butchered putaway was Brown's.
Matheiu's was a ridiculously soft bounce smash, Monfil's didn't do anything special to get to it and the winner was a regulation passing shot in the end.. Nadal's shot was amazing reflexes but Brown could have easily hit it out of reach instead. Haas had about 3 chances to finish the point. Federer's last "drop" volley against Haas was terrible and casual. Youhzny's was just a bad overhead.

So half I suppose.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
I really liked No. 6 (Monfils & Mathieu). I would have been so "epic" for Monfils to attempt an up the line shot following Mathieu's smash. But Monfils was actually thinking out there :)eek:) and went back behind him for the cross court winner

Suburb skill under pressure :worship:

And Dimitrov falling all over the damn place yet again :facepalm:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts