Serve, net game, mentality/composure: Fed
ROS, FH, BH, stamina/durability, lobs, overheads, drop shots: Andy
Don't agree with BH and drop shots : I think Federer could be better with these

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Well, a) you're definitely right, that's why I said what I said
b) Fed has a lot to prove actually, even if you don't recognize it

He has to prove that he's not completely done.
He has to prove that his tennis career has not turned into losing to the likes of Seppi and Gulbis at slams while making millions off of promoting champagne and playing exos.
Fed is done in terms of competing in Australia, France and America.
The only thing he has going for him is Wimbledon.
Losing in three easy sets to Andy, just to make that point clear, would be absolutely devastating for his career.
It'd mean immediate retirement.
Federer wouldn't retire if he got beaten in straights. He is making too much molah. You better realize Mirka is the power broker in that marriage. She has expensive taste and she expects her man to keep the gravy train rolling.

She owns Wawrinka too. He is scared of her. She decides when he bends over for her man. That's why there's shock in the Federer camp right now. Federers glory ticket was seen off by backhand Gasquet. Now Federer will have to pray he can get by the great scot. And Gasquet makes France proud and produces the best tennis since YANNICK NOAH beat Matts wilander in the 83 FO.

Anyother result. And the nose will be sulking for a year.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Don't agree with BH and drop shots : I think Federer could be better with these
:haha:
As for Fed's drop shots: his timing is completely off. Like - completely.
As for Fed's BH: ... I can't.

Federer wouldn't retire if he got beaten in straights. He is making too much molah. You better realize Mirka is the power broker in that marriage. She has expensive taste and she expects her man to keep the gravy train rolling.

She owns Wawrinka too. He is scared of her. She decides when he bends over for her man. That's why there's shock in the Federer camp right now. Federers glory ticket was seen off by backhand Gasquet. Now Federer will have to pray he can get by the great scot. And Gasquet makes France proud and produces the best tennis since YANNICK NOAH beat Matts wilander in the 83 FO.

Loving those lines :clap2:

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I picked Fed to win and that's me picking with my head over my heart....I'm a Murray fan.

Andy's serve has been terrible. I recognise that.

He will lose unless that improves. Simple.

I hope it does.
This! Andy cant serve. 2nd serve 84 mph average...haha....

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
as i posted before that tmrw will be significant because it wont be the fact that fed will lose.. thats a given.. it will be that he will be dismantled on grass in 3 sets on centre court when everyone is still deluded into thinking he is anything like his 2012 verision... and that will finally hit federer and make him consider hanging it up... although if i were making 50 million a year... i'd probably milk it anyway.. i mean come on.. but hell make just the sanme if not more post reitmrent so moot point...

tomorrow an era in tennis officially dies... but life goes on.. murray djoker final... ill be rooting for djoker of course..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Federer is 4-1 against Murray in slams and pushed Murray to 5 at AO in 2013 (his worst year and Murray's peak).

It's a toss up at worst.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I doubt Federer will win and I think hardly anyone thinks he's the clear favourite.

I do think Federer's serve and his game to back it up will trouble Murray in different ways than Karlovic/Pospisil did though. Not necessarily more or less, just more mindgames.

I also think the Fed/Murray match, if one wins fairly comfortably, is a perfect warm up for the final for either of the two, whilst Djokovic probably has a match that might be a bit too easy for him. But if it drags on too much it might take a huge mental and/or physical toll.

·
29,637 Posts
Federer is 4-1 against Murray in slams and pushed Murray to 5 at AO in 2013 (his worst year and Murray's peak).

It's a toss up at worst.
It was his worst year sure but tbqh he looked no worse than 2012 at the AO and he only really started to plunge after the back injury fiasco of a match against Stan at Indian Wells. That AO semi was a belter.

Has no bearing on tomorrow though.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Well, whatever Federer's like, there's always a possibility that Murray could gift Roger the match if Andy's in one of his "Make unforced error every few shots and miss easy put aways" mood, like last year against Dimitrov and in a few other big matches in his career.
Please ... don't be another arrogant brit comparing Federer to Dimitrov. Even at his lowest level, Roger has outperformed Dimitrov at his highest level. What is it with the British ... they have to s*** on every great who is not British. This match is 50 - 50. Based on form and everything. Murray might win. Roger might win ... depending on who performs best on the day. If Murray loses, it won't be a gift. But I do hope he cries one more time just to shut up you arrogant Brits. Always bitching about something. "Oh Serena is a B**** because she aces a lot" "Federer got lucky with 6-0 6-1 win" .. bluh bluh bluh

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

It's a toss up at worst.
It's a toss up. Maybe Murray a bit of a favorite ... a very slight favorite due to home court advantage. But the Brits are going to pretend Murray is the GOAT just like they keep writing bulls*** articles on EuroSport on how the Premiere League is the "NBA of soccer." looooooooooool.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...eryone-wants-play-premier-143242660--sow.html

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Murray is the slight betting favourite because he's younger and is having a better year so far. But it's expected that he'll do better on slower courts. To me Federer is the slight favourite.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Murray is the slight betting favourite because he's younger and is having a better year so far. But it's expected that he'll do better on slower courts. To me Federer is the slight favourite.
To me, it's a win win. If Murray wins, revenge match for Nole. If Fed wins, revenge match for Roger. Of course, if Federer loses, the British media will hail Murray a king, a royal, a demi-god, sexiest man alive, most powerful man in the world, .... candidate for next 007

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
To me, it's a win win. If Murray wins, revenge match for Nole. If Fed wins, revenge match for Roger. Of course, if Federer loses, the British media will hail Murray a king, a royal, a demi-god, sexiest man alive, most powerful man in the world, .... candidate for next 007
:spit:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not a bad shout, actually.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I actually think if anyone is being overestimated it is Murray. Those who watch him closely are generally in agreement that he hasn't really looked good at Wimbledon this year. His last two performances against Federer were beyond embarrassing (I actually think the Cincinnati match was worse since Federer himself was awful in that match).

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I actually think if anyone is being overestimated it is Murray. Those who watch him closely are generally in agreement that he hasn't really looked good at Wimbledon this year. His last two performances against Federer were beyond embarrassing (I actually think the Cincinnati match was worse since Federer himself was awful in that match).
both Federer and Murray are overrated at this tournament. Let's not forget Simon almost got back into the match against Fed. Groth won a set. Murray also struggled. The thing is ... Djokovic shouldn't have been even challenged against Anderson ... so nobody is looking particularly great. But out of the 4, Nole wins if it comes to winning ugly. Sure, if Roger or Murray play their best, they have a shot but I don't think we can tell too much from their matches.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Look, I am a huge Federer fan and think he is DEFINITELY the GOAT in men's tennis, but I'm reading tennis forums about the match tomorrow, and wayyy too many people have their rose-tinted glasses on, picking with their heart instead of their head. The fact of the matter is, Federer relies A LOT on the serve nowadays to get free points and Murray is one of the best returners on tour, if not the best returner on tour. Federer will get significantly fewer free points which, at this stage in his career, will cause him to wear down and make errors earlier in the rallies. Murray has already had practice with big serves with Karlovic and Pospisil, so I don't believe that Federer's serve will trouble him too, too much. And Federer rushes to net too, and we've already seen this tournament that Murray's passing shots have been on-point this tournament. And people love talking about how Federer will be uber motivated for this match, if you don't think Andy will want revenge for that CLOBBERING in the World Tour Finals, then you are fooling yourself. The crowd advantage for Fed is also negated with Murray here.

I think it's also that Federer really hasn't played anybody who can even remotely hurt him this tournament. Bautista Agut in the Round of 16? That's a joke for a player of Federer's caliber. The weapon-less Simon in the Quarterfinals instead of Berdych? Roger would take that any day of the week. Federer perhaps won't be "warmed up" for the challenge that Andy will bring considering his weak opponents so far this tournament.
Those reflect some of my thoughts, too. I mean, I *want* Fed to win it, but I think Andy will - and quite frankly I'm dreading that, because if he wins I may well be wandering round to my neighbours and asking them if any of them have any newly-painted walls I can watch come Sunday. I'm assuming that Djokovic wins the other SF, of course.

OTOH, Murray hasn't even faced a Top 20 player yet, but I think that's for another thread ...

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

I feel for you.

Dull keep getting blasted by nobodies in early rounds must be very hard on your mental health.

But seriously, you need to visit a psychiatrist soon enough.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts