Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toni Nadal to L'Equipe: "My 3 favourites to win RG are Djokovic, Murray, Nadal".

Toni Nadal: "Like Rafa, I'm not worried." Quoted in l'Équipe by Vincent Cognet. "Right now, Rafa isn't 'uncalm' like he was in Miami or Barcelona. He's played twice at a very good level: in Monte-Carlo, then in Madrid.

"Like Rafa, I'm not worried. His level is good. I'm satisfied with that he did in Madrid. Except for the final, which was a catastrophe for us. For me, the final was a bizarre accident. I don't have any explanations ... The problem against Murray was that he started the match making a lot of backhand errors. He started to get tense. But that's a normal reaction, no?

"How could he go from Saturday's level to the level he had Sunday? Simply because he's not super good in each facet of his game. Even if it's getting better day to day, his confidence isn't stabilised. Sure, the beginnings of matches are important, but not the most essential either: to beat the best players in the world, you have to be good for an entire match. He's lacking this consistency from the first point to the last.

"It's true, we're practising a bit more than usual to regain that level of confidence. If you want to improve the way you feel, you have to spend the time on the court. It's the only solution to regain a very high level.

"Rome isn't more important than in other years. We're still hoping for a big tournament in Paris.

"Rafa's real level today is more his level of the semi against Berdych than the final against Murray. Because it's not an isolated case: this year he's played very well against Ferrer, Isner (Monte Carlo), Dimitrov, Bolelli (Madrid) ... What's more, he's proved through the years that he has this level in him. If you want my profound feeling, I think will be perfectly fine arriving in Paris."

His three favourites for Roland?

"Djokovic, Murray and ... (big pause) Rafael. "

In that order?

A smiling, but firm, reply:

"No, not in that order."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sm5tdr

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Re: Toni Nadal to L'Equipe: "My 3 favourites to win RG are Djokovic, Murray, Nadal".

Nadal will rise at the french open.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Re: Toni Nadal to L'Equipe: "My 3 favourites to win RG are Djokovic, Murray, Nadal".

Toni playing mind games. As usual.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

i dont see anything wrong with what he said this time..except maybe order but these are the 3 to beat.

·
Super Moderator
18,669 Posts

Some real outside the box thinking here

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Nothing wrong with this statement from Phony, though I'd place Roger together with Murray as third favorite. Especially if Noledal is on the other side of the draw.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,622 Posts

Nothing wrong with this statement from Phony, though I'd place Roger together with Murray as third favorite. Especially if Noledal is on the other side of the draw.
Not sure still. He could lose to a random and struggled to win an ATP250 at Istanbul to likes of DGT and Schwartzmann. Even an injured Cuevas almost took him to 3 sets.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

It all depends on the draw to be honest, but without a doubt Rafa and Nole are the favorites to the title.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Not sure still. He could lose to a random and struggled to win an ATP250 at Istanbul to likes of DGT and Schwartzmann. Even an injured Cuevas almost took him to 3 sets.
You think roger is going to play in FO like he did in Istanbul?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

I don't know why Toni saying something unoriginal and conservative is news-worthy. Literally nothing interesting was said in that conversation.

·
Banned
831 Posts

By losing in events before Garros the Nadal camp have definitely created a panic in the camps and fanbases of Djoko and Muzza. Now the whole world expects them to beat Nadal at RG. I am seeing a truckload of pressure switched from Nadal onto the serbian and the scott.

·
Administrator
9,543 Posts

You think roger is going to play in FO like he did in Istanbul?:rolleyes:
What's wrong with his reply? I mean he lost to guys like Gulbis (!!!) or Tsonga in the past two years at RG. I'd doubt Fed has even deserved to be called as a favourite due to his pathetic clay-show ups.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

All those guys that you mentioned played great tennis on clay vs Federer in Istanbul.The same Cuevas played 3 sets vs Rafa. So do not talk BS.
DGT beat Gill Simon in 3sets and it was a very tough fight from both guys.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

No doubt he is going in even harder with his draw magic for FO. Djoker on other side, Nadal playing qualifiers. No?

·
Bring it Home
20,660 Posts

Fognini > Nadull

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

What about Dimitrov?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts