Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
For years people would see Nadal take MTOs when losing and his opponent was redlining only to come back and play better than before while his opponent had cooled off. This is how he won 2010 Wimbledon for example. He did this in several matches that tournament. And in many other tournaments.
But he doesn't rattle off tournament after tournament, looking as if he can go again and again right after he wins the next one like Djokovic does. Eventually they take their toll.

His in match fitness is probably slightly better than Djokovic's though even though they both have these in match recoveries. Djokovic also called for trainer numerous times during this tournament.

Registered
Nadal dynasty cracking every day as we come nearer to nr. 22.

All, and I mean all pressure on them if it is 22-22 at RG.

Won't be surprised if another injury save Rafa at RG this year.... if Novak is in great clay form.

Registered
But he doesn't rattle off tournament after tournament, looking as if he can go again and again right after he wins the next one like Djokovic does. Eventually they take their toll.

His in match fitness is probably slightly better than Djokovic's though even though they both have these in match recoveries. Djokovic also called for trainer numerous times during this tournament.
Nadal always gets injured when he's losing. For Novak most of the criticisms are when he's winning and takes an MTO. So the idea that he is taking them to cool off his opponent is pretty remote.

WOAT Predictor
Has this man got no shame? :spit: He is doing Rafa zero favors with comments like these.

He did the same back in 2021.

Lost respect for him

He is very butthurt, everyone knows it already.

Toni Nadal is next to Nadal one of the most obsessed about the tennis records there is.
No wonder since he brought his nephew with this kind of thinking up and teached him the obsession his entire youth. Nadal will thank him for losing any joy in his post-career life.

WOAT Predictor
Has this man got no shame? :spit: He is doing Rafa zero favors with comments like these.

Yeah we all saw Nadal's miracle medicine (MADcine) wins last year all of a sudden out of the blue despite all the suffering, injury and retirement talk - gamesmanship par excellence.

Toni Nadal is waiting every minute for Djokovic to finally retire and lose to a player. That's why he is so angry and disappointed that he has to wait longer and still see Djokovic winning. He is afraid.
I can't stand it to know that this most obsessed person will celebrate every struggle with Djokovic's injury and especially a loss.<

By the way I dont like this Luigi Gatto. He is one of the Djokovic's haters or Nadal fanboys I think. Zero neutral.

WOAT Predictor
Isn't this the same Toni Nadal who said to Rafa back in 2005 in the locker room, we have a big problem, his name is Novak Djokovic??
2005 Wimbledon I think yes. Toni Nadal saw Djokovic playing a match on the outside courts from far away.

Premium Member
Toni knows all about fake injuries.

Registered
Wish more people are translating what Novak is saying. On court and in the media! Too bad I can understand everything he is saying鈥..

1 - 20 of 97 Posts