Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The court Suzanne Lenglen is bad for us. I thought that after playing there in the first round we were done with it. I think is much better what Wimbledon does. The defending champion starts his title defense on Centre Court. Normally a quarterfinal played between the World No.1 and the World No.5 should be played on the main court. I don't think it was a good choice to move it somewhere else.

In Madrid, Federer would have never been moved far from the center court only because Verdasco was still in the run to win the title. It's true that Monfils was the only French player left, but a prestigious tournament like Roland Garros shouldn't take that into consideration when making their decisions about the schedule. It's also true that Murray had never played on Center Court before, but that again could be the tournament's fault" explained Toni.

"When I say is bad I mean it more for the tournament itself than for us."

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Toni-Nadal-against-the-French-Open-organizers-A-Mistake-to-Put-Nadal-vs-Ferrer-on-Suzanne-Lenglen-articolo18395.html

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Monf getting bageled in 5th was funnier to see than Ferrer giving up so the crowd at Chatrier won.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Lets see the twisting abilities of MTF. Get! Set! Go!

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
the Organizers should say at your service massa and Toni and Rafa would be happy

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I hope the Eiffel tower falls over and destroys this god-awful tournament.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It wasn't. If they hadn't scheduled the matches this way, Murray would be playing his first match on the Chatrier on friday, completely unfair.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Uncle Tony acting like a dictator but he ain't got no power. This ain't Spain holmes. And you want people to watch a guy who publicly admits he threw in the towel after 2 sets? lol

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Completely disagree with Tio here. As clownish as the Murray/Monfils match was, it was actually very entertaining for the most part. It was basically like watching two circus performers.

The match between Ferrer and Nadal was unbelievably boring and predictable. I never really switched over to that match, because the result was NID and Ferrer threw in the towel pretty quickly after dropping the second. A forgettable, boring spectacle to say the least.

I don't really get why Tio cares all that much, Nadal-Djokovic is the likely final and he'll get to compete for title #9 on PC.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
He's right it was bad for the tournament. The disgraceful effort Ferrer put forth wasn't worthy of such a prestigious court. "...I'm not going to be able to come back..." :eek:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
It wasn't. If they hadn't scheduled the matches this way, Murray would be playing his first match on the Chatrier on friday, completely unfair.

Why would it be unfair for murray to never play in PC this year? What has he done in RG? What has he won in clay?

I can understand Wimby doing its double points to past champions. But Murrays doesnt deserve a PC over Rafa SL.

You wanna compare a 8 time champion vs a 1 time SFinalest? At least the Frech got screwed with Monfils, but then again what would one expect out of him.

If the plan was to screw Rafa it backfired bigtime.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Why would it be unfair for murray to never play in PC this year? What has he done in RG? What has he won in clay?

I can understand Wimby doing its double points to past champions. But Murrays doesnt deserve a PC over Rafa SL.

You wanna compare a 8 time champion vs a 1 time SFinalest? At least the Frech got screwed with Monfils, but then again what would one expect out of him.

If the plan was to screw Rafa it backfired bigtime.
Because it was clear that he was a potential semi-finalist when he got to the QFs ? :wavey:

All semi-finalists should have played at least once on Chatrier.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts