Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could take one shot from any player, past or present what would it be? Nadal’s mental strength, McEnroe’s volley, Federer’s forehand, and Djokovic’s backhand.
Toni seems to have seen this as a "construct the perfect player" type question and interestingly chose the Federer FH (not the Nadal FH). Other interesting titbits from Wimbledon interview include that his idol is Ilie Nastase.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2015-07-01/qa_toni_nadal.html

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
He is goat coach for a reason. :yeah: Federer`s forehand was the best in the business.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
5,674 Posts

·
The Last Mohican
24,731 Posts
Good to see Toni giving McEnroe a bone, after all the shameless brown-nosing. Well deserved.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
If you could take one shot from any player, past or present what would it be? Nadal’s mental strength, McEnroe’s volley, Federer’s forehand, and Djokovic’s backhand.

mental strength is important but not a shot. Uncle Tony just called Rafa an absolute bum then

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

mental strength is important but not a shot. Uncle Tony just called Rafa an absolute bum then
Djokovic´s backhand, yet tards on MTF would take Nalbandians :D

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Djokovic´s backhand, yet tards on MTF would take Nalbandians :D
look, Djokovic's backhand is great but let's not give the devil in chief any credit. Don't bite the apple the snake is dangling :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I like how they asked him to pick one shot and he took four. The Nadals always play by their own rules. :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I like how they asked him to pick one shot and he took four. The Nadals always play by their own rules. :lol:
Mental strength is not a shot though. He couldn't even answer the question right or has no confidence in Nadal's second serve

·
Registered
769 Posts
Uncle Toni is so predictable :rolleyes: I would have picked Rafa's roll-it-in-baby first serve, Fed's topspin-killing backhand, Novak's ultra-precise overhead and Andy's doubly-lethal second serve :cool:

·
|
15,485 Posts
Toni seems to have seen this as a "construct the perfect player" type question and interestingly chose the Federer FH (not the Nadal FH). Other interesting titbits from Wimbledon interview include that his idol is Ilie Nastase.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2015-07-01/qa_toni_nadal.html
Only the dumbest person in the world would expect Toni Nadal to choose his own nephew in a perfect player theory.
Toni Nadal's entire philosophy is to make Rafa feel like he's inferior so that he tries harder.
Its why he's the only man ever to win slams for 10 years in a row (and about to be 11 years in a row).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Toni insulting his nephew :sad: "Are you superstitious? Never. I am logical. My intelligence doesn’t allow me to be superstitious."

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,599 Posts
Well, Rafa himself claims that he's not superstitious. :lol:
Understandable with his routines, but there is a difference between "OCDness" and superstition.
Although closely related to each other...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts