Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
En su libro hace hincapié en la educación aunque como dice "no pretende ser dogmático". La educación es importante porque "es difícil enderezar un árbol cuando ha crecido torcido". Entrenar a un miembro de la familia puede ser duro y Toni Nadal dice que incluso "hubiera sido más rentable" porque a su sobrino no le ha cobrado nunca. Eso le ha dado la "tranquilidad de decirle lo que opino en todo momento" porque cuando pagas mucho a una persona para que te entrene también le pagas para que diga lo que te interesa que diga. Sin embargo, las ventajas de entrenar a su sobrino "son muchas" y sobre todo el interés que va más allá de ganar todos los títulos que Rafa ha conseguido.

"Me sorprende el fanatismo en los discursos políticos que te venden que son los mejores sin cometer errores", dice el entrenador. Es importante dudar, él mismo lo hace, y ser critico consigo mismo. Esa es exactamente la fórmula contra ese fanatismo que critica que pasa también "por la reflexión y la empatía".

Él ha sido siempre muy exigente con Rafa Nadal; "alguna vez he sido demasiado duro", confiesa. Sin embargo, "no sería nunca duro y exigente con alguien que no lo soportase". Esa es la línea que no hay que pasar tanto en el entrenamiento como en la educación. “Entre las ganas que tenemos de que el niño sea bueno y el miedo a que no llegue a serlo, tensamos la cuerda".

Además, Toni Nadal dejó otra frase destacable: "El interés que yo he tenido en mi sobrino, no lo habría tenido otro entrenador". ["The interest I had in/with my nephew, other coach wouldn't have had it"]

http://cadenaser.com/programa/2015/05/04/la_ventana/1430750193_645296.html

·
Registered
821 Posts
Toni should realize that Nadal needs a different perspective on his game. Nadal never had a professional coach. Toni should bring in someone like Sampras/Agassi...into the team.....so the support system will be even better.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
He sounds like a bully and a control freak

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Toni should realize that Nadal needs a different perspective on his game. Nadal never had a professional coach. Toni should bring in someone like Sampras/Agassi...into the team.....so the support system will be even better.
I think bringing in one of these supercoaches would disrupt his game more than help it. The kind of upbringing Nadal's had, while not entirely atypical of other top athletes is still fraught with interpersonal dynamics that may be difficult to navigate through at first. If he's to hire a coach, he needs someone he's known for a while and who's Spanish (or Spanish speaking), like a Moya or Ferrero (I don't know if they're interested in coaching).

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He sounds like a bully and a control freak
Agreed. A lot of Nadal's bullying and unpleasant behaviour was clearly passed on to him by El Tio. They both think that kind of thuggery is normal, but it isn't. Not sure what it is about tennis relations, some of them are crazy :eek:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,534 Posts
Suspicions confirmed. But really I think Nadal has really been put to work from a very young age. He's dealt with the pressure very well actually.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
No shit. Its his way of thinking that brought us Rafael Nadal. Like him or dislike him.

There are players who have natural born talent at any give sport. Then there are those who work their butt off to achieve something in their pro careers.
Rafa is ome pf the ladder. He had to work twice as much. Run twice as much. During practise or during matches.

The other thing is people have to understand that Toni came from a soccer backround. And he brought that to Tennis. Of course some dont like it others because they just hate.

I dont agree with some of those things. But im not a prude.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well he's got a whole team of coaches sooo...

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think bringing in one of these supercoaches would disrupt his game more than help it. The kind of upbringing Nadal's had, while not entirely atypical of other top athletes is still fraught with interpersonal dynamics that may be difficult to navigate through at first. If he's to hire a coach, he needs someone he's known for a while and who's Spanish (or Spanish speaking), like a Moya or Ferrero (I don't know if they're interested in coaching).
LOL ...you want Moya or ferrero and no sampras or agassi...you really are afraid that Nadal will improve with new supercoaches.......like how murray/lendl, djoker /becker got benefitted.

·
|
14,943 Posts
Even when Nadal wins his 10th Roland Garros next month?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Agreed. A lot of Nadal's bullying and unpleasant behaviour was clearly passed on to him by El Tio. They both think that kind of thuggery is normal, but it isn't. Not sure what it is about tennis relations, some of them are crazy :eek:
Wut?? Nadal isnt the bullly , he s the victim darling. At least according to the consensus in this thread !

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Toni bullied Rafa.

Rafa bullies Umps, linesmen and other players.

Fedtarts and haters bully Rafa.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts