Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From his autobiography:

"I remember that moment very well. We were at Wimbledon in 2005. I was passing next to the courts on my way to the locker room where Rafa was waiting for me. At one moment I stopped by the court 18 where Juan Monaco, a good friend of Rafa, was playing some player unknown to me. I watched the match for a while and then went to the locker room. Upon getting there I told Rafa: "We have a situation" and he replied "What do you mean?". "I said we have a problem and his name is Novak Djokovic."

Quite interesting observation :).

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
:lol: Tio never sleeps

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
We have a situation? lol. The amount of disrespect for Roger even back then is astounding. So Roger was not a problem around 2005 but Nole who was still green was? lol

Reactions: Skyfall 24

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Funny, I always thought mafias know the way how to deal with "problems".

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
dont belive it.
Tio Toni would have probably eliminated djokovic if he knew this would happen.
he is not a rookie.
He is seasoned now, but that was 10 years ago, he was green himself back then :D

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Toni basically said that Federer wasn't a legit rival for Nadal and he was right at the end of the day:superlol::superlol:
but he was wrong... took Nadal 3 tries to finally fluke a win against Roger at Wimbledon

·
Registered
22,457 Posts
One of the most hilarious quotes ever :haha:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
So him and Rafito took Djoko under their wing and plied the poor man with gluten until he wised up in 2011. Sordid tale.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
We have a situation? lol. The amount of disrespect for Roger even back then is astounding. So Roger was not a problem around 2005 but Nole who was still green was? lol
Well to be fair to him Roger was already an obvious problem. He was already the well-established world number 1 at that time whereas Djokovic was just starting his career. I don't think he would have any reason to go to Rafa and say "There's this Federer guy you should know about..." :lol:

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
dont belive it.
Tio Toni would have probably eliminated djokovic if he knew this would happen.
he is not a rookie.
Or would've just simply asked the bosses and directors to always keep Djokovic in Federer's half at HC slams since Novak's breaktrough USO 2007 final against Federer and to land Djokovic in Nadal's half at RG or Wimb., until Federer becomes Olderer (2012) i.e. easy target for Nadal at HC slams too, so Djokovic always with HC Stanimal henceforth + every other HC contender like Nishi, Murray, Cilic etc. seeding permitting.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Maybe, but Nadal would have had 18-19 Slams by now if not Djokovic:wavey::wavey:
And Roger would have 25 if not for Rafa. That's how tennis works. To be fair, I always thought the obvious heir to Roger's throne was Nole and not Rafa. You can't be so one dimensional and be considered a great. Nole has surpassed all my expectations even after all his chokes. He has beaten Roger at Wimbledon fair and square (not lack of light, no help from the umpire). He has demolished the fake Pharaoh of Spain at the French, and owned Murray at AO. He is also going to have the masters record. Too bad he is not closer to 14 slams... I would love for a real player like Nole to chase Roger's slam count legitimately and not by just French Open wins like the other guy

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
:spit: Tio should be a stand up comedian

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Well to be fair to him Roger was already an obvious problem. He was already the well-established world number 1 at that time whereas Djokovic was just starting his career. I don't think he would have any reason to go to Rafa and say "There's this Federer guy you should know about..." :lol:
The quote would make sense in 2007 or 2008 not 2005. I think Tony is probably making up stories

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
1 - 20 of 111 Posts