Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toni Nadal: "I hope I will convince Rafael to come and play in Stuttgart next year"

Like every year, Toni Nadal is present in Stuttgart as "ambassador" for the Mercedes Cup tournament in Germany. On Friday, the uncle and coach of World No.2 Rafael Nadal, revealed how Rafa could decide to play in Stuttgart next year, when the tournament will become a grass court event. The three-year deal between Nadal and the tournament of Halle has expired this season, so that could be a perfect timing.

The tournament will be moved in date and will be played one week after the French Open. "Stuttgart is a great tournament to prepare Wimbledon. Conditions are very similar to London, so I hope I will convince Rafael to come and play here next year" revealed Toni.

Edwin Weindofer, tournament director, was obviously very excited at the idea: "it would obviously be a great thing if Rafael Nadal were to play here. We will work on which economical proposal to present to Rafa's manager, Carlos Costa. We will do our best, that's for sure".

Toni also talked about young rising star Alexander Zverev, who won an ATP challenger being only 17 years old. "He has a great potential" said Toni, "the only thing he can do is to keep on working hard, and results will come".

Finally Uncle Nadal also joked about the World Cup, which sees Germany in the final against Argentina: "Germans have an extraordinary team in soccer, in tennis not so much..."

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Uncle-Toni-Rafael-Nadal-Could-Play-in-Stuttgart-in-2015-articolo19100.html

·
Registered
821 Posts
Re: Toni Nadal: "I hope I will convince Rafael to come and play in Stuttgart next yea

Like every year, Toni Nadal is present in Stuttgart as "ambassador" for the Mercedes Cup tournament in Germany. On Friday, the uncle and coach of World No.2 Rafael Nadal, revealed how Rafa could decide to play in Stuttgart next year, when the tournament will become a grass court event. The three-year deal between Nadal and the tournament of Halle has expired this season, so that could be a perfect timing.

The tournament will be moved in date and will be played one week after the French Open. "Stuttgart is a great tournament to prepare Wimbledon. Conditions are very similar to London, so I hope I will convince Rafael to come and play here next year" revealed Toni.

Edwin Weindofer, tournament director, was obviously very excited at the idea: "it would obviously be a great thing if Rafael Nadal were to play here. We will work on which economical proposal to present to Rafa's manager, Carlos Costa. We will do our best, that's for sure".

Toni also talked about young rising star Alexander Zverev, who won an ATP challenger being only 17 years old. "He has a great potential" said Toni, "the only thing he can do is to keep on working hard, and results will come".

Finally Uncle Nadal also joked about the World Cup, which sees Germany in the final against Argentina: "Germans have an extraordinary team in soccer, in tennis not so much..."

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Uncle-Toni-Rafael-Nadal-Could-Play-in-Stuttgart-in-2015-articolo19100.html
Mistake...what is the point in playing within one week after french open.
Nadal needs rest after french open..if he had to play within 1 week after french open...there is no meaning for the wimbledon allowing gap between FO and Wimby.
There should be a gap of at least 10 days after FO..before Nadal can play on grass.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: Toni Nadal: "I hope I will convince Rafael to come and play in Stuttgart next yea

Mistake...what is the point in playing within one week after french open.
Nadal needs rest after french open..if he had to play within 1 week after french open...there is no meaning for the wimbledon allowing gap between FO and Wimby.
There should be a gap of at least 10 days after FO..before Nadal can play on grass.
no worries, Nadal will have 2 weeks of rest next year after the french open

·
Registered
428 Posts

Why is he playing a 250 when there are two 500s next year. :eek:

·
Registered
821 Posts

no worries, Nadal will have 2 weeks of rest next year after the french open
OP says...Stuttgart will be moved and played after one week of french open

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

OP says...Stuttgart will be moved and played after one week of french open
like I said, Nadal will have two weeks of rest

·
Registered
5,667 Posts

Why is he playing a 250 when there are two 500s next year. :eek:
Because he can't anymore win even Mugcelona 500, let alone some grass 500.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
47,127 Posts

Hopefully not

RG, week rest, Queens, week rest, Wimbledon. It is so easy. Unless Toni expects Nadal to lose early in RG next year?

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Uncle Toni : "I will convince Rafael to play at Stuttgart next year"

"Stuttgart is a great tournament to prepare Wimbledon. Conditions are very similar to London, so I hope I will convince Rafael to come and play here next year" revealed Toni.

Finally Uncle Nadal also had a few words about the World Cup, which sees Germany in the final against Argentina: "Germans have an extraordinary team in soccer, in tennis not so much..."

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: Uncle Toni : "I will convince Rafael to play at Stuttgart next year"

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Mickey Mouse tournaments should be left for Djokovic

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Oh, look who's back. :haha:

·
Registered
275 Posts

Mickey Mouse tournaments should be left for Djokovic
Djokovic doesn't play a 250 from Belgrade 2011 and his 500 are Beijing and Dubai

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Djokovic doesn't play a 250 from Belgrade 2011 and his 500 are Beijing and Dubai
No wonder Djokovic fans consider 500 and masters "beyond grand slam" tournament:angel:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Tio Toni has been temporarily removed from my buddy list.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts