Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toni Nadal: "I don't like big serves. I like to see tactics at work out on the court"

When Toni was asked to comment on Kyrgios, he said:

"From a spectator point of view the match was very frustrating for me. I really struggle with this kind of tennis which is so quick fire that you don't even have the time to think. I don't like it when all you get are big serves and have to wait for a real rally. I like watching Federer, Dimitrov, Djokovic or Murray. I like to see tactics at work out on the court."

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Rafael-Nadals-coach-Toni-Nadal-criticizes-Nick-Kyrgios-style-of-play-articolo18880.html

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Re: Toni Nadal: "I don't like big serves. I like to see tactics at work out on the co

Tactics = moonballing to death ?
It's dull's fault he has NO ability to predict huge serves.
Kyrgios hit 37 aces against dull, while only 15 against Raonic. Is it safe to say Raonic now has better ROS than dull?

Z

·
0 Posts
Re: Toni Nadal: "I don't like big serves. I like to see tactics at work out on the co

Milos understands the serve, while Nadal fears it.

Respect the serve.
Tame the server.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

I don't like it when all you get are big serves and have to wait for a real rally.
I like watching Federer
:confused:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Beyond parody now. We all know Nadull and Toni like players who hit no winners, moonball and wait for opponents UE? This is tennis no? What is the point in having good serve? Best to have crappy serve no?

Z

·
0 Posts

Toni will petition for all serving to be performed from below waist height, like in badminton.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Nothing wrong with having a preference from a spectator perspective. One of the least inflammatory statements we've gotten from Tio Toni. Call me back a few weeks from now when they have an injury excuse covering the Kyrigos loss.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts

he was a ping pong player

he wants to live ping pong through his nephew

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

Another disgusting comment from the anti-tennis teacher.

·
Registered
952 Posts

Tactics: serve delay; MTO;UE Vamosing;draw fixing; nadalisation of courts, aso asf . . . .

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

Tactics: serve delay; MTO;UE Vamosing;draw fixing; nadalisation of courts, aso asf . . . .
It's what the fans want to see, no?

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts

It'll never, ever happen, but I wish Rafa would get a new coach. Sometimes I think Toni holds him back....I mean, seriously, these comments are stupid. He also doesn't believe in having Rafa practice vs big servers before facing a big server. He has him practice with Marc Lopez

·
Registered
106 Posts

Phuk off toni

Thankfully only Rafa has to listen to you talk like a bitch

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts

MMM Toni, you do know that big serves was what won your nephew his Career Grand Slam at the USO, right? :rolleyes:
Rafa is adorable but I can't stand his annoying uncle/coach.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

When Toni was asked to comment on Kyrgios, he said:

"From a spectator point of view the match was very frustrating for me. I really struggle with this kind of tennis which is so quick fire that you don't even have the time to think. I don't like it when all you get are big serves and have to wait for a real rally. I like watching Federer, Dimitrov, Djokovic or Murray. I like to see tactics at work out on the court."

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Rafael-Nadals-coach-Toni-Nadal-criticizes-Nick-Kyrgios-style-of-play-articolo18880.html
Proof that when I said slower courts require more tactics, I WAS RIGHT. :yeah:

I swear, you guys should bow to me.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts