Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Chucho went to sleep after he dumped serve and lost the first set - the forehand was going everywhere and his frustration got the better of him - he never even looked like putting up a fight in the second. Pretty poor from him really after a competitive first 10 games.

Tommy's first title of an otherwise pretty dismal season.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Well done Tommy :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The first set was good Yet, Acasuso totally collapsed and lost his conc.after those missed chances in the first set.
Roberedo succeeded in dragging him to longer rallies.

Congrats Roberdo for the first title of the year.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
hahahahaha greaaaaaaaaat wins Tommy:yeah: this guy rox
to all Robredo's haters :ras:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Chucho had 2 set points and overcooked an easy forehand and then doesn't win a game after that at all, a very poor ending to a good week for him.

Boredo did what he needed to do to win.

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Congrats for Robredo this time, typical average play from him a, he was not giving out presents as some of Acasuso's earlier opponents this week and Acasuso also couldn't be that determinant against Robredo.

Robredo himself sneaked through somehow, but there was not much doubt about the winner in this final.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
:woohoo: Congrats to Tommy :bigclap: He's had a bad time recently, so good to see him getting back to winning ways.

And as safinaferrero said a few posts back - to all the many Robredo haters out there :ras: :nerner: I know it's a little immature to react to them like that - but I am so damned sick of their pathetic whingeing about how "boring" "Boredo" is, and how he shouldn't be in the top echelons of the game :rolleyes: So maybe they will shut up for a while now :angel:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Congrats to Tommy! :yeah: He really doesn't belong in the top 10 but it's nice to see him win one here.

If what people are posting about Chucho is true... :eek:

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
pathetic capping from me on this one. i've overlooked the final factor. raw fighting spirit and experience has prevailed.

chucho should be ashamed for that 2nd set. it's not like it was a 1st round match.

congrats to robredo :yeah:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
And...that's it for clay until the Clay Court Coda begins on September 10th.
The King is playing in San Marino, more interest than what is going on in Quebec.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts