Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently playing on the futures circuit . Won his first futures title the week he turned 18 . It was on the clay in Spain , he won every match in 3 sets. Has a current career high of 528. Could be a future star for the US.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I just heard about him recently. What's his story? Where's he's from? What were his results in juniors?
He's from Vorhees , New Jersey and coached by Diego Moyano. Had a fairly solid Junior Career getting to 42 in the world. Seems to favour clay.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Into 3rd straight futures SF in Europe, this time in Italy. Plays No.2 Andres Molteni next.

Excerpt I wrote last year. He is 6'1" now and committed to UGA not that long ago.

2014 Highlights: The outspoken 17 year old who trained with the USTA the last couple of years, played a mixture of juniors and futures events in North America. His junior matches against top players were competitive, but several times he found himself in the loss column from match points up. Paul won the 2014 USTA Boys' 18s National Clay Court Championships over training mate Reilly Opelka, the same tournament he won a year ago in the 16s division. In the pro circuit, the 2013 Kalamazoo Boys 16s Champion made four trips to the futures quarterfinals and had one appearance in the semifinals of Niceville, FL.
http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/2014/12/10-american-teenagers-to-watch-in-2015.html

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Into the final from 3-6 *0-4 down :worship: plays Lorenzo SONEGO (ITA) for the title...the Junior French Open starts on Sunday, will prob get a Monday start, hope he is not too tired.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Into the final from 3-6 *0-4 down :worship: plays Lorenzo SONEGO (ITA) for the title...the Junior French Open starts on Sunday, will prob get a Monday start, hope he is not too tired.
Doubt that playing juniors is in his priorities now.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Clay is his favorite surface and a chance to play Jr. RG is priceless. Ranking points are great but as long as he plans to play college tennis, they are going to be wasted.
If he keeps winning, he has to reconsider his decision to go to college. I'd be nervous if I were a GA fan.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Paul def. Sonego 6-1, 6-4 to win his second Futures in three weeks. Once the points are added, his ranking will be in the mid-400s. If he does well at the French and Wimbledon and cracks the top-400 before fall, I'd be stunned if he doesn't turn pro.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah , another 10k in Italy this time. Wonder if he's able to do so well off of clay ? Either way that's 2 futures titles under his belt. Had to work pretty hard to get them. Expecting he'll start focusing on a tennis career pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Junior French Open final for Paul. Tough one in the final thought.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paul wins the juniors French beating fellow American Fritz 7-6 (4) , 2-6 , 6-2 in the final.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Following in the footsteps of Fratangelo. Wonder if he will stick on the clay with his recent run.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kalamazoo should be really interesting this year with all of these guys putting up good results. Paul, Fritz, Mmoh, Opelka, then there's Tiafoe and Kozlov as well.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Kalamazoo should be really interesting this year with all of these guys putting up good results. Paul, Fritz, Mmoh, Opelka, then there's Tiafoe and Kozlov as well.
Donaldson is still eligible as well, although I'm not sure if he'll play. Then you have Blumberg, Ponwith, Riffice, Rybakov, and Blanch. Wiersholm from UVA could play as well, as could Dennis Uspensky, who's committed to Wake Forest. Loaded field.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts