Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say that based on the purest of logic. Tsits/Kach have absolutely 0% chance to beat Novak (barring injury). Not that I give Paul much more than 0% either, but if he somehow pulls off the impossible, he's going to go into the Finals with so much confidence, that he'll inevitably end the almost 20 year drought for U.S. Men's Slam winners.

· Registered
2 Posts
Interesting that betters have Paul +3600, I assume because he plays Djokovic next- wonder what odds would be if that weren’t the case.

Do we really believe Tsitsipas that much of a choker that (despite taking Novak to 5 in his other slam final) he loses to Paul in the final? In Paul’s first time even past R4, and assuming he would’ve just won a grueling battle over Novak in the semis…

· Registered
2,291 Posts
Tsitsipas is clearly second favourite. He has consistently been a top player for a number of years now and has shown a ceiling that Khachanov nor Paul have matched yet.

The obvious mental scars are there against Djokovic, but he's has some close ones recently.

I like Tommy Paul and hope he can reach the latter stages of slams more often, but this seems like him taking advantage of a very nice draw to me.

· Registered
6,576 Posts
I could see it if Novak has to retire from the match when Stef and Khachanov are probably going to go 4 plus hours but if Paul has to win straight up, if he were, I could see a mental and physical drain where he couldn’t get up for the final

I would still pick Stef or Khachanov over him

2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could see it if Novak has to retire from the match when Stef and Khachanov are probably going to go 4 plus hours but if Paul has to win straight up, if he were, I could see a mental and physical drain where he couldn’t get up for the final

I would still pick Stef or Khachanov over him
Stef, maybe..but do you really think he loses to Karen if he pulls off the greatest upset in Men's Slam SF history? (Serena was actually a bigger fav. when she lost to Vinci in the 2016 USO SFs)

2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tsitsipas is clearly second favourite. He has consistently been a top player for a number of years now and has shown a ceiling that Khachanov nor Paul have matched yet.

The obvious mental scars are there against Djokovic, but he's has some close ones recently.

I like Tommy Paul and hope he can reach the latter stages of slams more often, but this seems like him taking advantage of a very nice draw to me.
Fritz, Berrettini & Ruud going out early definitely blew up the draw for him. Funny thing is I'd give those 3 less of a shot than Paul considering their combined 0-14 H2H against Novak..Adv. Paul you might say with no scar tissue coming in?🤔

· Registered
6,576 Posts
Stef, maybe..but do you really think he loses to Karen if he pulls off the greatest upset in Men's Slam SF history? (Serena was actually a bigger fav. when she lost to Vinci in the 2016 USO SFs)
I would say it depends on Karen as well.. He’s playing well and Im sure seeing Tommy Paul across the net would make him think he should win that match

· Registered
8,439 Posts
I‘m sorry but you always present yourself on this forum as some sort of betting guru/expert and while I can’t speak for the American leagues because I don’t follow them closely enough, I can safely say that when it comes to tennis you’re absolutely clueless

2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I‘m sorry but you always present yourself on this forum as some sort of betting guru/expert and while I can’t speak for the American leagues because I don’t follow them closely enough, I can safely say that when it comes to tennis you’re absolutely clueless
You sure about that Lukas?..we'll see just how "clueless" I am by the end of the week.🤔
Sky Font Darkness Brand Circle

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot

2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any other tickets you'd like me to post showing how I'm "absolutely clueless"?..I'll even post the Matteo losing ticket showing the only 3 I purchased that day.
Receipt Font Paper Event Paper product

Plant Font Sleeve Paper Pattern

Receipt Font Paper Transparency Event

Computer Personal computer Computer monitor Computer keyboard Peripheral

Shoulder Neck Sleeve Knee Waist

· Registered
2,445 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts