·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Please play another season..

You're still better than 90% of the tour at 37.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Please play another season..

You're still better than 90% of the tour at 37.
Strange habit on MTF to always add one year to old players... Anyway, isn't a 500 grass event expected in Germany next year? No doubt he would love to play that one. It's not like he's ridiculous this year.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Very sad news, but it was great to see him playing well last year at such an old age (for tennis).

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
clearly lost interest in tennis after discovering the world of instagram.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
The Fossil won't retire until he beats Nadal at RG

·
10,271 Posts
Who cares. None gonna miss him. He is old story.
An old story is the best kind of story. Especially when it is as phenomenal as Tommy Haas the Bionic Tennis Player.

He has had 5 surgeries and has never given up. Even when things have looked bleak. He always come back stronger. In fact he is Stan's tattoo X2.

Take a look at...

The story of the 35 year old man with no fear warrioring past the 7'1 giant Isner.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
The tour is going to miss him when he goes. One of the few true all-courters left in the game.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
It has to happen someday, you know. I hope Tommy can play well this coming weeks, so he can set himself some nice objectives for this year. Top 10 looks weak, he needs a lot of points, but it can be done. Even if he doesn't, no regrets. So many great moments in this last comeback, it's been a hell of a ride.

And that picture with Mullet!Agassi makes me sad. Now I feel very old :haha: he's been playing for my entire tennis-watching life.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Hope he plays as long as possible but if he can't sustain a certain level then maybe it would be better to retire at the end of the year ; next couple of months should provide a better insight into this.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I'll miss him when he goes. He's always fun to watch. Hopefully he does stay another year.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
"" My career-ending is not far away . When it is just so far, I do not know. I"ll feel when it"s time to go . My friend Andy Roddick is one day stood up and felt that it , time to go " is that he has only played the U.S. Open and then it was over . And he is with himself and his career at peace . So I would wish me well . "

Tom would have done better to frame the context of his impending retirement by referring to Agassi--a player closer to his age, one who faced the same age related challenges, and a decorated multi-slam winner. Instead he's choosing to go slumming with Rodduck. Sadly, he never really believed in himself. LOLz

1 - 20 of 35 Posts