Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Did anyone see this match? :)
No, but I followed livescore and he was 1 break down in the 2nd set and came back. The tiebreaker was very tight but after that he just rolled on to the title!

Congratulations to the future champ australia has been waiting for for while!!!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I thought he was on the way out when he was trailing by a set and 1-2 (I think it was), down 15-30 on his own serve. But I'm so glad he pulled through! :) Looking forward to hearing more about him and seeing more of him in the future.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Congratulations Bernard! :banana: :rocker2: :worship:

To win the title at just 15 years of age is incredible. :eek:

Looks like Australian tennis finally has something to get excited about. :D

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
seems like the pre-open hype was justified...
and obviously tomic didn't care that much about the fact that he was all over the press, forum etc.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Wow this boi is impressive the Federer of the Junior circuit i guess hope he plays the Aussie Futures on the 4th of Feb

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well done Bernard!!! :D

I saw a highlights package, pretty high standard match.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
it will interesting to see how Tennis Australia handles Tomic now. there will be the temptation to give him the auto wildcards to Roland Garros and the US Open now. I hope they hold off for a year in a way. he's obviously a big talent and he's already 190cm at 15 so he should develop physically well enough to make the transition to professional tennis.

in any event this result and Jess Moore making the girls final and winning a round in the main draw certainly gives us a lot more hope than only a year ago.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts