1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
he is totally out mentally since madrid

·
Registered
690 Posts
I love how players are stepping up and taking a stance against those fat bureaucrats that deal with a shitload of money and somehow produce very little results. If #1 Australian player got to pay to train at TA facilities INCLUDING THE DAMN BALLS then there's something wrong.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
If he needs money there are many countries that would pay him a decent sum to play under their flag and he better do this sooner rather then later before dropping further down the rankings.

Aussies wouldn't mind too much now that they have better and younger players.

·
Registered
22,571 Posts
"Don't get me wrong, from what Pat said, a lot of money was invested in me for sure.

"But whatever they invested in me, they got in return 10, 20 times more. That's 100 per cent certain.
That is debatable, at the age of 17 he had already spent 1.5 million on the unlimited credit card Tennis Australia gave him :lol:

·
Your visions will happen
51,343 Posts
I love how players are stepping up and taking a stance against those fat bureaucrats that deal with a shitload of money and somehow produce very little results. If #1 Australian player got to pay to train at TA facilities INCLUDING THE DAMN BALLS then there's something wrong.
Yep

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Tomic was treated like a king and acted like a jackass. Suddenly two far more promising youngsters come along, and now his own behaviour is coming back to bite him on the behind. Now he's just being a whiny bitch. I hope they kick him out of the country. He wasn't born there anyway. Revoke his citizenship. He's a complete shithead.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
"He's the reason the last few years (have) been up and down for me. There has been (a) lack of support towards me. There has been no respect, I think, towards me.

Just the reasons why he will probably never achieve anything remarkable.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
I actually understand that he feels hurt by the lack of respect. But to be honest, what has he done to command respect then? Yes he's young but he has behaved like an arrogant thug on more than one occasion while the results has not come as much as TA and his fans hoped they would. There is the matter of his phychotic father. Plus, Bernard's just not very likeable. He sits on his high horse instead of letting his racquet do the talking.
To be honest though I don't really care much about Tiley or whatever dispute these guys got going on. Kyrgios and Kokk are much more interesting Australian prospects.

·
Registered
22,571 Posts
Let me tell you a story so you'll understand better what it's all about. In 2009, I was at the Cremona tournament with Tomic, he was ranked #170 at that time, I was somewhere around #200. We faced off in the semifinals. Do you know how many people he had with him? 6! I had only my physical coach. This is the difference. Then, he told me that he has a card from the Australian Tennis Federation and he told me he already spent 1.5 milion dollars from it. It was a card with unlimited amount ! Also, he signed with Nike since he was a junior. If he would've been ranked between #50 - #100, he was recieveing 300.000€ a yer, if he would've been ranked inside top 50, he would've recieved 600.000€ a year. Me... I have 15.000$ with a company and I must give 20% to my manager. This tells all you need to know about the conditions
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=560826

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
yes, like other small countries support their players like that
I wonder how much support Dimitrov got from Tennis Bulgaria

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Tomic should earn the respect and just shut up and play and improve and go far in tournaments

·
Registered
19,417 Posts
Tennis Australia invested in him a lot and he didn't live up to the hype. Not at all. He should keep a bit quiet here

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Tennis australia have nothing to answer for. 98.8% of Australians dont like him and wouldn't care about anything he has to say

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
I kinda see both sides. To suddenly have your country stop supporting you and your family because of the actions of his father can be hurtful. However from what I understand his father is a bit of an asshole and abusive towards hitting partners and other people. Was he not banned from the tour for a year? It puts Tomic in a difficult position if they say he can't have his father around.

I wouldn't be surprised if TA just outright replaces Tomic in the tie. THey don't have to have the team finalized until 10 days before the tie, and that deadline is 3 days away. Seems like poor timing by Tomic, or perfect gamesmanship if he doesn't actually want to play the tie.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Sod this entitled little twerp....in the real world, respect has to be earned. And airing this in public at a post-loss presser, the very height of professionalism! Way to endorse brand Tomic. Watch the sponsors abandon him like ticks at the sheep dip.

What he also doesn't seem to realise was that he had a small window of almost total attention and affection as the next great hope for Australian tennis....naturally that was to be invested in. Now, not only have the Tomic's abused that privilege with a complete lack of class and effort....but to compound it all, he is beginning to be outplayed, outclassed and overshadowed by his younger, more promising, countrymen. Ouch. :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Sod this entitled little twerp....in the real world, respect has to be earned. And airing this in public at a post-loss presser, the very height of professionalism! Way to endorse brand Tomic. Watch the sponsors abandon him like ticks at the sheep dip.

What he also doesn't seem to realise was that he had a small window of almost total attention and affection as the next great hope for Australian tennis....naturally that was to be invested in. Now, not only have the Tomic's abused that privilege with a complete lack of class and effort....but to compound it all, he is beginning to be outplayed, outclassed and overshadowed by his younger, more promising, younger countrymen. Ouch. :)
Spot on.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts