Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still the best Aussie despite playing at 50/60% of his abilities. :worship: :bowdown:
Oh and tennis Australia...

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
It should be an ever bigger margin, as Bernie completely gifted the match to Kokk at the French.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Nick will be top 5 when he is Tomug's age pointless thread.

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nick will be top 5 when he is Tomug's age pointless thread.
I don't live in the future. I live in the present. Nard is the best Aussie atm. Fact. Plus he is still 23. Stan peaked at 29/30. No one knows what will happen in the future and how many late bloomers will be there. Many things can happen.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
I don't live in the future. I live in the present. Nard is the best Aussie atm. Fact. Plus he is still 23. Stan peaked at 29/30. No one knows what will happen in the future and how many late bloomers will be there. Many things can happen.
Clown Kyrgios will repeat La Monf career at best.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Still the best Aussie despite playing at 50/60% of his abilities. :worship: :bowdown:
Oh and tennis Australia...

tennis australia proved they dont need him in davis cup when they got by kazakhstan without him. i dont think they care all that much that he just defended a title in the weakest event on tour

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
tennis australia proved they dont need him in davis cup when they got by kazakhstan without him. i dont think they care all that much that he just defended a title in the weakest event on tour
And Tomic does not need TA either. Fun times. TA sucks. They should be able to be support all of their players. No politics and no BS. Oh, you have to behave this way or that way. Just deport him back to Germany where he was born.

I do realize that many of you see him as a spoiled brat. He is young. He will mature.

Gee, I'm thinking how silly I was in my 20s, but let's not go there :angel:.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Great Britain will be an entirely different proposition. Groth and Rusty will not be able to carry the team. They need somebody more solid, like Tomic has been for Davis Cup in the past.

One of the first people to congratulate Bernie on twitter? Lleyton Hewitt himself.

He knows they need Tomic.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
What a beat up this thread is - Tomic has been Oz no 1 in race and rankings most of this year. Only dropped out of top 20 in June.

And as for giving way RG. roll eyes:

Do TA need him? Well would certainly be helpful if Kyrgios continues to be a head case. They aren't trying very hard to get him though - the invitation to a meeting with them was issued through the media, not by a personal approach!

Probably figure that in reality Australia's chances aren't that great anyway, and can probably do it if Groth and Kokk can beat Wardy plus doubles...but relying on Groth in particular to do that a bit risky to say the least given just got bageled in Bogota by Stepanek!

Great Britain will be an entirely different proposition. Groth and Rusty will not be able to carry the team.
True, won't be on old-style grass for a starter! Hewitt won over a player outside the top 100 serving like he hasn't for the last couple of years, probably won't be able to do it again. And Groth is great on grass, but struggles otherwise.

They need somebody more solid, like Tomic has been for Davis Cup in the past.
Tomic can't win against Murray though, and any of the others should in theory at least be able to beat even DC Ward.

What they actually need is a top doubles player or two - Hewitt/Groth or Hewitt/Kokk have shown they can beat a regular doubles team, but probably not a really top one.

Mr John Peers, step up!

One of the first people to congratulate Bernie on twitter? Lleyton Hewitt himself. He knows they need Tomic.
More importantly, he's campaigning to be the next DC captain, and part of his claim presumably rests on player support...

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Seems to me senseless when you're in a DC semi not to get everyone on board.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Seems to me senseless when you're in a DC semi not to get everyone on board.
Well yes but isn't the pleasure of bossing around the young and stuffing up their lives why sports administrators get into the job?

Tennis Australia are having the times of their lives at the moment, and laughing all the way to the bank as tennis and every move of our players is back at the top of the sports news headlines.

And there's also the problem of Hewitt - the optimal team (notwithstanding the last tie) to actually win would probably be Tomic, Kyrgios (if his head is together) Peers, and either Kokkinakis or Groth (both good doubles players), or possibly Tomic and Kyrgios with Kokkinakis and Groth pairing for doubles.

But Lleyton wants his last chance at winning another DC, so two or three of those can't be in it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts