Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
So he even couldn't continue playing to the Olympics season...
Maybe he hasn't won biggest tournaments, but was so consistent in top10 for many years.
Good luck Tomas in your post-career time.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Never liked him but all the best for his after tennis life!

Reactions: Xristos

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Tomas:cry: Such a great shame. He's had a good career. So sad he has to stop now. Hope you have a good post tennis life Tomas.

Reactions: vauxguy

·
Registered
369 Posts
64 consecutive M1000 events played at one point. Not sure if that's a record, but impressive! Especially because he made the quarters of more than half of them he played in that time.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oh this is sad. It was to be expected, but I hoped he will give it a last try. He was such a good tennis player, but a conplete mug mentally.
Wish him well in his retirement

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Shame he has to go on these terms.

Was an excellent and consistant player for many many years. Not quite good enough to win a slam but that's a very narrow prism to judge a Tennis player considering the tiny % that actually win one, particularly in the era he played in.

Fantastic Wimbledon run in 2010 when he beat Fed and Nole back-to-back but Nadal was just too much and then one of best performances of his career v Fed in US 2012 quarters. Many other good performances in other tournaments.

13 titles, 4th in the world and made SFs at every slam. Good luck in the future Tomas.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Very dangerous opponent, always glad when he was on the opposite side of the draw to Fed. Huge serve, mighty forehand, fine athlete, well deserved top 10 player. Best wishes in retirement.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Bye!

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
Berdych was such a popular player in MTF back in the day. I will miss the banter jokes we had vs him here for sure. Wish him all the best, even though I was never a big fan of him

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Berdych was always bending against big3 so no loss. Bye

1 - 20 of 65 Posts