Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Return winner on match point :lol:

Ferrer was pretty much destroyed; looked absolutely helpless. Murray was so comfortable that he was actually ripping the ball on SEVERAL occasions :eek:

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
The entire second set Muzzah was in aggressive mode- Ferrer stopped missing so much like he did in the first set, but instead had to watch the winners sail by.

I hope Murray gets out of doubles quick enough to keep his form for the final.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Murray was quite good, but Ferrer was awful and just how bad his form is becomes evident as soon as he plays a top player, kinda concerning even though he's still flattening the lower-ranked ones. It's been a very disappointing night, I expected some good matches and they've all been shit barring a great Berdych vs Tsonga

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Ferrer sucked ass today. I can't believe he let Murray, of all players, drag him across the court like a damn rag doll. And since when has Murray wanted to start playing aggressively all of a sudden? Where the hell was this kind of tennis when he showed up at the slams this year??

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Ferrer's never been spectacular closing in on the net but he's probably misjudged quite a few volleys today.
Expected, but hope Ferrer will save his best till last and really challenge the top 8.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Murray seems to really be on the roll and has turned a corner in terms of how he's playing. Lately he's been far more aggressive and it's served him very well. I think he's got something to aim for (Feds number 3 spot) and it's driving him to go for the win rather than wait for the mistake. The more he plays like this and wins, he'll gain confidence playing like it and he'll improve. More play like that and we could really see him challenge for the slams.

As for Ferrer. He played bad in the first set. Second he was fine but Murray was just too good. Just shows the difference in quality between the top four and the rest of the field.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
I think the combination of setting a different goal than "winning a Grand Slam" for the time being has helped him focus much better. I also think in some respects playing doubles with Jamie this week has helped him focus on keeping matches as short and clean as possible.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Horrible era. This is how it works: Fakervic > Nadull > Olderer >>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferrer (or anyone who can be consistently mediocre)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else. Where exactly is a competitive match supposed to happen here except between lower ranked players? And in fact the last time we had slam final that was interesting at all was 2009 when Federer and Roddick, 2 relics of a past era, played the final.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Replica of WTF - Ferrer just isn't effective on lower bounce hard courts. His game falls away heavily.

See their Aus Open match for how much it changes when the ball is a bit higher.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Awesome!! Murray really means business nowadays. Time to roast some pork tomorrow, Andy :yeah:

Ferrer sucked ass today. I can't believe he let Murray, of all players, drag him across the court like a damn rag doll. And since when has Murray wanted to start playing aggressively all of a sudden? Where the hell was this kind of tennis when he showed up at the slams this year??
:stupid:

When Murray plays aggressively, there's not much any player below the top 4 can do against him. That's what happened today. Ferrer couldn't do anything because Murray was too good :wavey: I don't know why you're so angry about Murray winning a match he was 100% winning anyway :superlol:
gap between top 4 and the rest is enormous
True.
Murray always shows up for these MM tournaments. Where his balls go during a Slam, we'll never know.
His balls manage to drag him to semi-finals on a consistent basis. Pretty good for a world #4 who's apparently appaling in slams, wouldn't you agree? :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This showed how far above #4 is from #5. Murray at this level has no chance of losing to a player like Ferrer. Ferrer has had a great year but this just made clear the gap and why there's been such dominance from the top 4 in the majors.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts