Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past couple of matches, Kei has been playing superbly well
The old Kei is back!

This is his real chance to grab the 3rd title against Daniil whom he has beaten once this year.
Like I said a couple of days ago, if he wins either Richard/Kevin, it should be a straight forward final match for him and I believe so, despite his recent poor final records

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Another masterclass and schooling by Nishikori.
Never seen Gasquet looking so defeated out there on a faster hardcourt.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Great performance by Nishikori, all he needs is another big run in Shanghai or Paris to make the WTF.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Another masterclass and schooling by Nishikori.
Never seen Gasquet looking so defeated out there on a faster hardcourt.
You never watched a Gasquet vs Nadal/Djokovic/Federer match mate?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
That was honestly a very good match. Richard was pressured a bit in set 1 but held his nerve to save BPs in two games and take it to a TB. Kei served at 95% first serves in the first four games and was really dialled in on the BH in particular. The TB was a highlight reel from Kei, could do little wrong. Gasquet shrugged his head when Kei hit a 2nd ace in the TB to go up 6-2. Second set was just Kei in zone while Gasquet had little to counter Kei with. Kei hit 10 aces altogether, good serving and good striking. Very pleased.

10th TB won in a row for Kei, and another shot at Tokyo title!

And probably pt of the match (of which there were many)

·
Registered
14,500 Posts

·
52,613 Posts
Very pleasing stats. I thought his 2014 Tokyo level was great but this might be even more streamlined than that this week.

Full match

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very pleasing stats. I thought his 2014 Tokyo level was great but this might be even more streamlined than that this week.

Full match

Actually I personally thought this 2012 Tokyo level was better than his 2014 one. The way he handled Berdych, then destroyed Baghdatis, and bagelled Raonic in de decider was some great tennis.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Excellent result and performance from Kei, great that he beat an H2H nightmare. Gasquet nearly pulled off the same thing as he did in Paris in 2014 or15 where he just resisted the extreme onslaught from Kei and then defeated him mentally. Glad it didn't happen. Kei was too much. I think if he takes the title, we can truly say he is back. HE needs to get over the mental barrier preventing him from winning titles. I just learned he got a top 8 seed in Shanghai, again can rack it up here with Isner's absence. Watched highlights of this match, he looked extraordinary.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
@MWW Why Hurricanekori? Tsunamikori would be more fitting.

·
52,613 Posts
@MWW Why Hurricanekori? Tsunamikori would be more fitting.
I didn't want to use tsunami so soon after what happened in Indonesia :tape:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts