Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awful result, this was Rainer's match to lose, but he got hurt in the 4-3 game, there was a long break and he got broken for the first time in the match, and retired.

Exactly what we didn't need to see happen. Rainer needed this win desperately and looked like he was in position to take in. His top 100 streak looks to be in the most shaky position it's ever been, especially if this injury is serious.

If you're Ryan, struggling with a guy who has been struggling before this match with injury and struggling yesterday over a guy ranked in the 500s is a bad sign for what he'll do in the MD.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Ryan has the worst draw among qualifiers anyway. He draws 4th seed Mardy Fish.

Rainer :awww: Official word is he hurt his abductor muscle. He loves playing in Asia, too bad it's over now.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Poor Rainer. He will keep fighting and playing tennis for a while yet, so hopefully he comes back and wins a challenger or two.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Rainer wasn't beating Fish anyway in all reality, but every extra ranking point helps right now for him (and he certainly needs them more than Ryan at this stage). The sad thing is that every other qualifying spot was about as fortunate as you could hope for.

·
Registered
68,117 Posts
well a victory is a victory, keep going ryan :)

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
My poor German grey mouse. Always overshadowed by Kiefer. I honestly thought he retired years ago.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Harrison's growth is stalling at an alarming rate. Will lose the first round here, and continue to lose first rounds for a while till he gets into gear. Will be a long hard process judging by how he's playing at the moment, but I think he'll be fine. Still, could do with getting it in gear asap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts