Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too much class for the young gun.

Struggled to find rhythm for the first set and a half against Tomic's unorthodox game but picked it up after getting the late break in the 2nd while the wheels fell off for Tomic and ran through the last set like a top 10 player should.

C'mon Mardy, lock up that spot in the WTF. :D

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Pushfest as expected. The night is still young for Tomic. Still has ways to go.

As for Fish, he will need to prepare himself for Nadal.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
After Fish broke to lead 5*-4 in the second, it was all over. Nadal will annihilate this pushing clown.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: Tokyo QF: (4) Mardy Fish d. Bernard Tomic 6-7(5) 6-4 6-1

Not surprised at the result. I was actually pulling for Tomic in this one, but he failed to hold it together. He's got potential, but he really needs a big weapon to finish his opponents off with. Bernie's fitness could definitely use more work. I don't think he moves well enough and he's not gonna accomplish much if he doesn't make himself a more complete and fitter athlete. With that said, he's still got time to become a much better player.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Tennis died :eek: -- neither played well.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Tomic was playing very well in the first 2 sets. He was controlling the points and rallies. I thought he was going to cruise to a win until he got broken at 4-4. Fish faught very hard, otherwise he would have lost.

The forehand is developing to be a big weapon. He already has a great backhand from juniors. His 1st serve is also getting good. Inexperience in the 3rd but no doubt he's improving. Into the top 50 :)

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Well done Fish :yeah: Sad to read he didnt played well even so the semifinal is really good. :hug:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
very exciting one comes...FIsh- Nadal

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tomic needs to stop losing very close matches against these top players (Nadal, Djokovic, Federer, and Fish) and he'll have the big breakthrough.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
bernie :hug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts