Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having twice been pegged back from a break up in the final set, Murray eventually gets the win and extends his H2H record vs Nalbandian to 4-2. Next up is Ferrer - their H2H is 3-3, Ferrer has won their three matches on clay, Murray has won their three matches on hard :). Murray will also be playing a semi-final in the doubles with his brother Jamie, facing the pairing of Robin Haase and Viktor Troicki for a place in the final.

Here's the stats for today's match, which 44% of MTF posters (including me :D) correctly predicted would be a straight sets victory for Murray:

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Was never in doubt. Nice choking from both at the end though. :lol:

Anyway well done Andy and please beat Ferrer too! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dedicated to tennishero. Stunning prediction again mate, keep it up.

Decent enough match although Murray was looking tired towards the end, think his run might end against Ferrer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I first opened live scoring about four games into the second set, Murray was on 100% first serve win and about 65% on second serve... Shame he choked a bit at the end or he could've had superstats.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nice win for Muzza. :)

Should be another slugfest against Ferrer but Muzza should win that match (might go 3 sets), and then hopefully he plays against Rafa in the final.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Dedicated to tennishero. Stunning prediction again mate, keep it up.

Decent enough match although Murray was looking tired towards the end, think his run might end against Ferrer.
haha again mate? where is the again? and im not your mate.

murray did nothing, nalbandian handed the break with 2 DF's and UE's.

better player lost (like yesterday). all murray did was push, whine, hit aces, make himself look like an ugly bastard etc, the usual.

enjoy it murraytards, the ugly overrated scot is never winning a slam.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a question for murray fans.
What part of his game made you his fan? I really can't understand how could someone love his game.
Or maybe personality :confused:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Congrats to all you idiots who thought FatDave™ had a chance to beat Thick Legs™ in straights - there's no was no chance in hell of that ever happening. Unless it was a 18 year Murray back at Wimbledon 2005.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Nicely done, Andy. You have the measure of Nalbandian these days, winning the battle of the no-slam wonders :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
better player lost (like yesterday). all murray did was push, whine, hit aces, make himself look like an ugly bastard etc, the usual.
That doesnt make any kind of sense. In a game like tennis, the better player on the day always wins...that's kind of why they win. If his pushing wins him the match thhen he was better than how Nalbandian was playing and is therefore a better player.

·
Registered
115 Posts
haha again mate? where is the again? and im not your mate.

murray did nothing, nalbandian handed the break with 2 DF's and UE's.

enjoy it murraytards, the ugly overrated scot is never winning a slam.
Bless you my friend, I know defeats like this are tough to take for haters, but you'll survive.

When was the last time Murray and Nalby met, Paris 2010? I don't even have to look for that thread to know with 99% certainty that you will have erroneously predicted a Nalbandian victory.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have a question for murray fans.
What part of his game made you his fan? I really can't understand how could someone love his game.
Or maybe personality :confused:
I'm British so that's probably why I started supporting him. Personally my favourite part of his game is the dropshot...early in his career he used to nearly always fail with it, commentators would be saying he's stupid and needs to stop it etc...and nowadays he's turned it into a weapon that can actually hurt opponents.

There's something about him that sort of makes it seem like a lot of the time he's fighting himself as much as he is his opponent, I find it quite intriguing to watch. It's always more entertaining when you think someone might be about to have a breakdown lol.

Maybe sometimes he just hits balls in play and a lot of the time that gets him the win, but he can be aggressive sometimes and clearly has the talent to be able to play that way too.

See: Murray vs Roddick, Queen's 2011

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I'm British so that's probably why I started supporting him. Personally my favourite part of his game is the dropshot...early in his career he used to nearly always fail with it, commentators would be saying he's stupid and needs to stop it etc...and nowadays he's turned it into a weapon that can actually hurt opponents.

There's something about him that sort of makes it seem like a lot of the time he's fighting himself as much as he is his opponent, I find it quite intriguing to watch. It's always more entertaining when you think someone might be about to have a breakdown lol.

Maybe sometimes he just hits balls in play and a lot of the time that gets him the win, but he can be aggressive sometimes and clearly has the talent to be able to play that way too.

Pretty bad example.
Any decent player can look a great attacking player against Andy PushDick.
Look at guys like Kolshreiber or Gasquet who produced around 100 winners against him.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I;m British so that's probably why I started supporting him. Personally my favourite part of his game is the dropshot...early in his career he used to nearly always fail with it, commentators would be saying he's stupid and needs to stop it etc...and nowadays he's turned it into an actual weapon that can actually hurt opponents.

There's something about him that sort of makes it seem like a lot of the time he's fighting himself as much as he is his opponent, I find it quite intriguing to watch. It's always more entertaining when you think someone might be about to have a breakdown xD

Maybe sometimes he just hits balls in play and a lot of the time that gets him the win, but he can be aggressive too sometimes and clearly has the talent to be able to play that way too.

I get it why you support him, same reason why I always like to se Cilic/Karlovic/Ljubicic winning, and that's ok.

ok, he has a good drop shoot, he is also having very nice volleys and very good serve, but he is simply to passive and everytime I am watching his match, I lose my patience.
he has good return, but what is he doing after that? he goes 2m behind the line and just hits the ball in play.

His passive game must be the main thing why I can't stand his game

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pretty bad example.
Any decent player can look a great attacking player against Andy PushDick.
Lol yeah - Andy Roddick, three-time Wimbledon finalist, four-time Queen's champion - he's easy on grass :)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
I get it why you support him, same reason why I always like to se Cilic/Karlovic/Ljubicic winning, and that's ok.

ok, he has a good drop shoot, he is also having very nice volleys and very good serve, but he is simply to passive and everytime I am watching his match, I lose my patience.
he has good return, but what is he doing after that? he goes 2m behind the line and just hits the ball in play.

His passive game must be the main thing why I can't stand his game
I like to see counter-punching styles match up against big hitters, it's the closest we get to contrast of styles these days.

I like his all-round variety, I like that he's a bit flawed and inconsistent and can't get out of his own way sometimes - he's an imperfect creation and a pain in the ass to support sometimes but when he's playing well, his point construction, tactical nous and shotmaking makes him more fun to watch than anyone else, in my personal opinion.

People would find tennis a lot more dull without some guys like Murray around, all big hitting all the time is just tedious

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Bless you my friend, I know defeats like this are tough to take for haters, but you'll survive.

When was the last time Murray and Nalby met, Paris 2010? I don't even have to look for that thread to know with 99% certainty that you will have erroneously predicted a Nalbandian victory.
check again friend.. i didnt predict anything. nalbandian wasnt playing well back then.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts