Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent last 2 sets from Thick Legs too bad he can't do this at the Slams often enough when he plays Nadal.

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
Re: Tokyo R1 : Murray def. Nadal 3-6 6-2 6-0

reminded me a lot of Federer's 2007 Hamburg beatdown, well done Murray :worship:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

:eek:

·
Registered
5,222 Posts

Insane level of play for Murray. Nadull won just 4 points in the last set.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts

I hope Nadull enjoyed the 5 points he managed to win in the final set.

EDIT: 4 :lol:

·
Registered
16,539 Posts

Now that was a performance by Andy... that backhand! That forehand?!!!

Nothing anyone could do

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Well, now I actually feel a lot better about David losing to Andy. Don't think he would've won anyway, but at least Murray carried that form on to win the final. Gotta give the man his props (now if he could only do this at slams :eek:)

Starting to think Rafa will never defend a hard court title in his entire career.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts

what a dismantling in the end :hatoff:
Murray was copying Djokovic. He hit harder than he usually does and went for the corners and moved Nadal around in the same way. He was even making the same "Uh-haaah" grunt! :p

Reactions: timafi

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If only Murray could be this mentally strong at Slams.

So... any bets on how long it takes before the board goes down? Also, what excuse are we gonna use from the Nadal Loss Excuse Roulette?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I expected Murray to win, but wow, he really just took over from the middle of the second set onwards, and Rafa really faltered badly. Andy put forth the man's performance today and Nadal fell away embarrassingly. A great win for Andy, should be extremely confidence boosting for him going forward. Maybe now this is the time he's finally really arrived, and will become a full-fledged member of the big 4.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Started watching at the start of the second.

Total domination from Murray from that point on.

Nice :yeah:.

Nadal was hitting well in the first few games of the second and the guys had a lot of close games. Surprisingly, it was Murray, not Nadal who took the close games.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Just shows that when anyone is playing well Nadull is helpless. If Federer wasn't such a choker, Murray could bring it at the slams, and Fakervic didn't go off the boil for 3 years Nadull would have 0 slams. Great performance from Murray, ate the moonballing clown alive :yeah:

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Great job Andy. First time I've been impressed with you.I hope that 6-0.....can give you confidence going into 2012. You'll need to hit ALL YOUR FOREHANDS like that. Don't be a wimp, hit through those shots with authority. Otherwise, you're going to get hammered again by the top 3. Also still need to work on serve consistency. Show up or ship out!

1 - 20 of 410 Posts