Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
43,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who will follow Olympics except tennis?
What are your expectations?
How many medals your country will take?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I used to love the Summer Olympics. Now, it's a big woke-off. Look no further than the fall of the OLYMPICS (the freaking Olympics!) to know that we are living in Clown World.

Track and field used to be my favorite! Swimming and gymnastics were always watchable as well. The Olympics were a nice time to watch some sports you wouldn't normally watch and cheer for your country. Unfortunately, I haven't cared in years. This time, there will be no fans, and it's not even a standard Olympic year (2021). I will care even less than last time, which is hard to do.

Another great tradition is being flushed right down the toilet.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Anyone who will follow Olympics except tennis?
What are your expectations?
How many medals your country will take?
Literally , no idea , no expectations, this is completely non news here. We used to have a lot of team sports hope for medal. Some other individual, but I dont even know any names now .

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Even though I think the Olympics are overrated, I always follow them and I prefer the summer edition. But Tokyo will probably be the most underwhelming Olympics ever. No crowd, even lower level of competition (not only tennis) because of covid and the crazy policies of IOC allowing a transgender to compete and at the same time denying three women from entering the athletics tournament based on self-invented unethical rules.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Is there going to be an "Olympic Village" where all of the athletes are given endless condoms to screw each other all day and all night long? I think that would break some imaginary Covid protocols this time, no?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I used to love the Summer Olympics. Now, it's a big woke-off. Look no further than the fall of the OLYMPICS (the freaking Olympics!) to know that we are living in Clown World.

Track and field used to be my favorite! Swimming and gymnastics were always watchable as well. The Olympics were a nice time to watch some sports you wouldn't normally watch and cheer for your country. Unfortunately, I haven't cared in years. This time, there will be no fans, and it's not even a standard Olympic year (2021). I will care even less than last time, which is hard to do.

Another great tradition is being flushed right down the toilet.
Just out of curiosity...
Why are you saying the Olympics are dying?

I understand this year they are gonna be crap because of all this covid shitfest that we have been subjected to in the last year and a half, but the last 4 editions (I followed for the 1st time in 2004) were absolutely fantastic for me. Every single sport (except Football and Boxing) featuring the best athletes in the world, some amazing matches, world record brokens, etc.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Just out of curiosity...
Why are you saying the Olympics are dying?

I understand this year they are gonna be crap because of all this covid shitfest that we have been subjected to in the last year and a half, but the last 4 editions (I followed for the 1st time in 2004) were absolutely fantastic for me. Every single sport (except Football and Boxing) featuring the best athletes in the world, some amazing matches, world record brokens, etc.

Because all they are going to do is subject me to a bunch of filth when all I want to do is watch normal athletics. Transgender weightlifters, handicapped sprinters, one-legged wrestlers, etc.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Because all they are going to do is subject me to a bunch of filth when all I want to do is watch normal athletics. Transgender weightlifters, handicapped sprinters, one-legged wrestlers, etc.

View attachment 367412

View attachment 367413
I agree.
But those are only an insignificant percentage of all athletes.
99.99% of athletes that participated are neither handicapped nor transgender

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I agree.
But those are only an insignificant percentage of all athletes.
99.99% of athletes that participated are neither handicapped nor transgender
True. But the media is only going to focus on the woke stuff. I won't even be able to tolerate sitting through their crap just to watch the normal stuff. So I just turn it off. Thanks media, for ruining everything.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Literally , no idea , no expectations, this is completely non news here. We used to have a lot of team sports hope for medal. Some other individual, but I dont even know any names now .
I was actually just looking at the basketball rosters and Luis Scola is still ballin for you guys! :oops: :oops: 😎 (y)

·
Registered
11,414 Posts
Wait, people aren't excited about watching Laurel Hubbard winning a gold medal and making history? This could be the Jesse Owens moment of the 21st century.

·
Premium Member
25,697 Posts
I follow up swimming, since we will have a couple medal chances. Also fencing and kayak/canoe.
Overall Hungary should win 5-6 gold medals, if we go by our average Olympic level.

·
WOAT Predictor
7,003 Posts
I’ll be following the swimming very closely.
Nearly always the most successful section of the games for this country.
The Tokyo time zone is very convenient for us too.
Other sports, and track and field, will follow for the novelty value.

·
RAVE ON
19,974 Posts
Don't like women's football, but I do like Rapinoe. As far as I know she's a woman competing in women's sport so that's fine.
But she is a gay woman! That is toxic to Edward. But yes, Rapinoe rocks!

Well, let’s face It. Edward is only interested in seeing white men compete. Anyone else who qualifies kind of explodes his belief of white superiority.

Probably the only games that Edward could really enjoy are the 1936 Berlin Games.
(Except for the 100m, 200m, 4X100 relay and long jump, LOL.)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts