Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry. It sucks when you're doing so well, and suddenly, within a game or two, the match is gone--over. And it seems to happen a lot to Ferrero! No offense. But one of these days, I think he won't get the short stick. So congrats to Ferrero for taking it to a 5th and coming so close and making the final--especially on hard court and at this tournament.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yea, I'am dissapointed that Juan-Carlos was so close at winning. But im glad he was a finalst this year, Kick azz.

Congrats to Lleyton..

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i also didn't like his closing speech. that business about losing 6-4 in the fifth showed his typical sour grapes. that was neither the time nor the place for that comment IMO.

oops! this thread is for his fans! sorry!!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Very classy to rub salt in the wounds, though not surprising.

That's alright, at least he isn't 2-7 against Hewitt. He'll even it up next time they play.

I think they could have a great rivalry.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
it's OK for you to say that he choked, but i'm rubbing salt in the wound when i say that his comment showed sour grapes? what kind of a double standard is that?

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Since when are choking and showing sour grapes the same act?

You know very well your statement is just a provocation with no basis in reality, so why don't you save it for some other day. What, you couldn't find anything else to riducule, so you had to invent sour grapes?

·
Registered
326 Posts
:(
Sorry
On the bright side, he played well all week.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Listen - my choking comments were slightly off base, and weren't fair to he or Hewitt.

I think it's clear I overreacted - comparing yourself to my behavior, isn't exactly a keen idea ;)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i actually honestly didn't like his comment. in fact i called a tennis friend ths morning right after the match and one of the things she said to me was "could you believe that Ferrero comment?". i honestly felt that that is the kind of comment with which you console yourself privately or in discussions with your coach. it had no place in a closing speech.

at the same time, i also honestly do not think that Ferrero choked. i do not agree with that. i think he genuinely ran out of steam which is exactly what i had feared he might do.

so to me, yes, your choking comment is a negative accusation, and it is no more negative than my observation about his sour grapes (which he also has a history of as you yourself have commented on in the past!)

i understand that you're upset Rebecca but taking out your frustration on other posters is also in poor taste. your charming comment about Hewitt-Courier and the couple of expletives hardly seem necessary in an honest tennis discussion.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
sorry the above is addressed to both Layla and Rebecca. hey guys it's not my fault that he lost, get a grip!!!!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Okay - but the hewitt-courier band comment was a little funny :p

The other stuff was just junk.

Anyhow, I think I've made it clear that I've been taking out other problems through this, which is lame. But it is easier than yelling at people I live with, and at least I didn't break anything.

Regardless- what was his comment? I didn't hear it.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I don't think that I blamed you for his losing :confused:

I just said your comment was in poor taste, given the nature of the thread.

I've never claimed to be an angel either. I've said about 200 times that I've been acting stupid the past several hours.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
the nature of the thread was supposed to be celebratory. you were not exactly celebrating when you accused him of choking! and frankly i don't see my accusing him of sour grapes as a worse accusation. i was commenting on a post-play speech. you were commenting on his GAME! i honestly think that your choking accusation is FAR worse!!!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I'm not sure why you keep going on about this - I've pointed out that my behavior has been rather disgusting.

Seeing as I didnt' see the match, I should not have said that.

The fact he brought it to 5 sets was impressive - a year or two ago he might have folded, who knows.

I merely want to know what he said?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
you didn't see the match and you have so much to say????? :eek: :eek:

i'm outta here. bye y'all...

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
This is what Ferrero said:

First of all I want to congratulate Lleyton, because I think he played a great week. And also you know I'm really happy because I started the week a little bit bad losing to Federer and now I'm here in the final losing 6-4 in the 5th so I'm really happy for that...

Then he thanked the crowd and blabla. Make of it what you want. Seems a pretty normal comment to me, saying he was happy about his week in Shanghai.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Another twisted comment leads to bs on a player that doesnt deserve it??

This sucks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts