Is Federer still in his prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just watched Federer's QF, SF and F at Istanbul 2015, I just can't get my head around people saying he's still in his prime, or worse still, that it's just the competition. I mean, Federer Rome 2006 would double breadstick this current version without breaking sweat.

Reactions: betowiec

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You use bad arguments which only help to supporters of this point of view. Don`t make their job easier, please.

Even in 2005-06 Fed played bad sometimes and last year he made few outstanding show.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Well, I think most players when they reach his age played better 9 years ago. Of course he isn't as good as those years, he's older, slower and less potent ground strokes. But he's still good enough to win Masters, other tournaments and hopefully another slam or two.

Fans don't deny he has declined, he has. He hasn't won a slam in 3 years. But he still can play at a insane level sometimes.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
"Well, I mean, I would hope that over the years I've always improved. I think I'm serving more consistent and stronger than I ever have. That's my opinion. I definitely think the racquet has helped me with that as well, a little bit. But, you know, my concentration I do believe is there, better than it's ever been, at least I hope it is, because I feel over time you always want to improve. I think my backhand is working better than it has in the past as well. The question is confidence, forehand, movement. But clearly when I was winning almost everything, everything was so gold that nobody was even questioning anything. Maybe if there were different opponents, different times, it would have changed. But for that particular time, I was playing exactly the way I needed to. I had to adjust my game a little bit over the years. I feel I'm playing very well. If it's the best ever, I'm not quite sure. But I'm definitely very pleased how things have gone now the last six months."

It said Federer in Australia this year. On the basis of these words can be concluded that current Federer hard/grass level is not much different from the level of 2004-2007. But if in 2004-2007 was a weak era, then it is a golden generation.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
17-6-302, I assume no one really thinks that Roger has not declined and is playing his best tennis ever.

They must be joking, right?!

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Only Federer's serve & net game have improved from his glory days. The rest of his game is nowhere near as good as it was during 2003-09

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Pathetic thread by pathetic poster. Why is he allowed to constantly troll here is beyond me.

Reactions: Master Yoda

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Only Federer's serve & net game have improved from his glory days. The rest of his game is nowhere near as good as it was during 2003-09
I dont agree Federer's serve has improved, but I do agree his net game is better than ever.

·
11,053 Posts
Nothing good will come out of this thread, taking preemptive measures.

Reactions: Master Yoda
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.