Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say you guys should not be sad. You should be proud. Fed was beaten by a better player on the day today, but he is still the GOAT and what he has achieved is still amazing.

The truth is, his records will stand for a long time and he needed #18 much less than Novak needed #9.

And no he didn't play in the weak era. Yes maybe it could be argued that in his early years competition was not strong as 2007-today, but he still had to deal with peak Nadal, peak Djokovic and peak Murray (and peak Del Potro, and peak Wawrinka) in second part of his career starting from the 26 years old. I am sure he would have won much more slams if he had to play vs mugs like Dimitrov, Tomic, Raonic and such instead of Nadal-Nole-Murray generation.

Also he is still the second best player in the world and he is almost 34 years old. That is amazing indeed.

I have no bad intentions here, just wanted to give props to the GOAT.

:hatoff:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Meh. I ain't buying it. Roger played like a gutless wonder and got routined. Great career but nothing to be proud about today. I would probably quit tennis and become a celibate monk with occasional happy massage on Sundays if I were Roger ... to get over this performance.

As far as Chico, you should really become a Fedtard. The guy is so merciful.. he just shows up for the final to shank backhands and get outplayed by Nole. lol

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Thanks but nothing to see here folks, he's been doing this false humility act since his TT days.

·
Administrator
9,539 Posts
What should I say? Just thumbs up, thanks Chico! :yeah:

Congrats to you sane Novakfans, you really deserved it. The way how Federer lost, that's possibly the main reason why we got so angry, especially me! It was really pathetic, GOATerer never lost a match that way, it would have been more competitive (almost like last year's final).

Anyway, congrats and thumbs up! :yeah:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I love how people bring up that Roger is #2 in the world. That means s***. He has not won a slam in how many years? He has been in two straight Wimbledon final and not been close to winning either against a guy whose favorite surface is not grass. You can become #2 by winning Halle, Dubai, and stupid tournaments like that ... but what does that even mean?

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
chico is drunk :lol:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Chico and his fake humbleness :haha:

Just imagine the conspiracy theories had Nole lost today.
I'm glad he won. But Chico is someting is else...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah must be painful losing #18 again. It was just as painful for Nole fans losing CGS again. I'm not gloating either since I had no expectations this time around. It's weird that neither fan base gets what it wants. Maybe it's fate that Nole should beat Rafa in the FO final and Fed beat Murray or Rafa.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Easy to go on the charm offensive and love everyone because your man won and you are giddy with happiness

But alot of your posts are otherwise, pretty vile

Federer fans don't need your false words.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Put a poll on this thread:

a. Chico is trolling MTF
b. Chico is drunk
c. Chico is a new man

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just wanted to say you guys should not be sad. You should be proud. Fed was beaten by a better player on the day today, but he is still the GOAT and what he has achieved is still amazing.

The truth is, his records will stand for a long time and he needed #18 much less than Novak needed #9.

And no he didn't play in the weak era. Yes maybe it could be argued that in his early years competition was not strong as 2007-today, but he still had to deal with peak Nadal, peak Djokovic and peak Murray (and peak Del Potro, and peak Wawrinka) in second part of his career starting from the 26 years old. I am sure he would have won much more slams if he had to play vs mugs like Dimitrov, Tomic, Raonic and such instead of Nadal-Nole-Murray generation.

Also he is still the second best player in the world and he is almost 34 years old. That is amazing indeed.

I have no bad intentions here, just wanted to give props to the GOAT.

:hatoff:

Thank you, great thread. Nole is already in top 5 all time I believe.
Anyway, why are we so emotionally invested in tennis players?

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
On the serious side, I do admire Fed more than (some) of his fans. But that's probably the same for Fed fans talking about Djokovic.
The flame war god cares for no one, and the bickering is endless. So sad.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts