Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts

Very high res photo here (11mb): http://www.masters-cup.com/4/photos/other/2007_hi.jpg

Shanghai sports will have the live coverage of opening ceremony starting at 4:30pm local time, 3:30am EST.

For anyone interested in watching on line, the TV channel is carried by both Sopcast and TVAnts. On Sopcast the Shanghai Sports channel is at the top of the channel list as ShangHai-GSports. On TVAnts enter SHANGHAI at the search window and the Shanghai Sports channel will appear as the search result.

http://www.thetimenow.com/time-converter.php

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
So, the first match, I believe, begins at 2:00 p.m. Am I correct...is that 3:00 a.m. (Monday morning) in the States? Oh boy...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Thanks, Fee.:cool:

·
Registered
548 Posts
cool picture

·
Registered
27,355 Posts
Kolya looks like ljuba truba.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So, the first match, I believe, begins at 2:00 p.m. Am I correct...is that 3:00 a.m. (Monday morning) in the States? Oh boy...:rolleyes:
Actually I believe it's 1 am Sunday morning (eastern time).

Get the coffee brewing. :lol:

Poor Rafa statue, it has to play right handed.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Lol, Fed doesn't even need a racket to win.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Those teracotta likenesses are BUM. Nadal's is the best depiction and the rest would be unidentifiable if we didn't have the original next to them...what will be the fate of these clay warriors after the tournament? Thanks for the photo ...it's a keeper.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
the picture is nifty but agree the sculptures a neat idea but maybe too ambitious...none of them really capture the player, imho...they all look really old...and heavy, like they've been lying underground rather than playing tennis :)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Gasquet:ras:
Thanks for the pic Mirkaland :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Those teracotta likenesses are BUM. Nadal's is the best depiction and the rest would be unidentifiable if we didn't have the original next to them...what will be the fate of these clay warriors after the tournament? Thanks for the photo ...it's a keeper.
:haha: what fate of clay tennis players?
best bet is backyard ornaments

and then there is the question of what happened to the heads of those that didnt make it ? a garbage bin?:eek:

in defense of the artist it usually takes a lot of time-more than she was given-to do one statue (probably she just worked mainly on the heads)
let alone eight.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts