Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
I would ask to Ivan or other ladies expert: Rodionova to defeat Srebotnik? too risky?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Tsvetana Pironkova +7 @ 1.90

Crazy odds for the girl that loves the fans during her matches and there will be a large group there.
Also she beat V. Williams in the 1st round 06 Aus Open.

my prediction 6-4 6-3

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Krajicek is playing doubles today and is still injured. After her match she stated that she would take a break for a while to recover but she has still decided to play, because "she will be playing from the forehand side and won't have to hit too many backhands", which is of course very naive of the youngster.
Her partner is a good player with Radwanska, but opponents Hsieh/Kudryavtseva are a good double as well. I will go against krajicek once again at fonbet..4/10 @ 2.3 and 1 unit @ 4 for 2-0. No 10/10 this time since there are also other players involved :)

I'm also liking:
Monaco vs Delic +5 @ 2
Federer vs Santoro Over 28.5 @ 1.95
Ferrer vs Del Potro +7.5 @ 1.95
Gonzalez vs Lee +5.5 @ 2
Grosjean vs Haase Over 38.5 @ 1.85
Blake vs Russell +7.5 @ 1.95
Gonzalez vs Lee @ 4.1
Chakvetadze vs Kleybanova + 6.5 @ 1.7

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Venture bet.....rather obivous.....

Yeah yeah dont wont to practise in sophistry...We all cognizant of Mr.Safins issues....his abilities....his impediments.....so just bare facts at a current moment:
1.Seen all his matches this season-Marat to my big astonishment,manages to limit his mistakes,controls his head and makes efforts to facilitate his performance all the time.
2.Showed really encouraging displayes in Koyoong(dont say that its discounted in advance amoung really commited best guns on tour - Croat is an exception) and here against Gulbis-Latvian hasnt been that bad actually,was trying to force and tore the rhytm,served constantly.....but Marat committed just 27 UEs in 3 sets...and Ernests been rolled over...
3.With clarified mind Marat is definatly better player than Marcos likes to compete against such type of rivals and posesses all the weapons to neutralize Cypriot....
4.Thats His tourney.....

With all claimed above 2.35 looks justified for Marat......

Dont want to speculate on other dogs as i am concerned - f.e.Delic,Querrey,Lee are way below the level of their opponents and hasnt been shining on their own at all.....Only Jankos and Potros HCs are relatively reasonable options but....still a roller-coasters...

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Baghdatis @ 1.72

Ridiculous price, was expecting something around 1.5

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
HAASE over Grosjean @ 2.30, 10 units
Impressive dutchie til now...Great performances against Baghdatis in Chennai, then vs. Ljuba in AO 1st round. Grosjean suffered too much against Pippo, with 2 tie-breaks. I see Seba too slow in movements, and the shots aren't like the good times ones...

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
My bets:

Haase to beat Grosjean @ 2.34

Two players travelling in the opposite direction. Haase is making good strides and should be in the top 50 before long whereas Grosjean is going downhill these days and struggles to produce his best on a consistent basis. Haase game is a powerful one and I don't feel Grosjean has the legs to cope with these sort of players these days - watched him get absolutely battered by Tursunov in Sydney, just don't reckon he has the answer to these players anymore.

Tipsarevic to beat Verdasco @ 3.1

I've taken this with a bookie which void if there is a retirement as if Tipsarevic is not feeling up to it, he is not shy in retiring. On the otherhand if he is feeling well then he can give Verdasco, who is a flaky player at the best of times and good game. Tipsy's 5 set record is a big plus and I give him the advantage in the mental stakes over Verdasco.

Delic to beat Monaco @ 4.0

Delic hasn't dropped a set yet in 4 matches. After watching him beat Davydenko last year, I was a bit suprised he didn't make much progress as he seemed to have all the ingriedients to be a good player. Monaco is fast improving and can do well on all surfaces but he is not at his best against big servers on fast surfaces IMO - suffered defeats to Querrey, Mahut x 2, Vliegen, Del Potro on fast surfaces last year - all players with decent serves and big ground games. If Delic gets a lot of first serves in then Monaco will find it tough to beat him.

Lee to beat Gonzalez @ 4.1

Apparently Lee gave a very impressive performance against Guccione in the first round. The change of surface will have helped him as now they will play like those in the US which he usually does very well on. The match will depend on Gonzo of course but Lee will be consistent and hopefully Gonzo breaks.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
I would ask to Ivan or other ladies expert: Rodionova to defeat Srebotnik? too risky?
I advise to steer clear of this match, Katerina in decent form imo.

Their is plenty of solid value in the womens matches today.

I suggest you take a look at morigami over Kirilenko at a best priced 5/2 at hills, maria scraped past in her 1st round match and always has trouble against the versitaile morigami, Masha not in the best of form of late and i actually dont rate her that highly anyways, always over priced to beat dangerous players.

Morigami over Masha 5/2

Korysteva over Lisziky 5/6( Korysteva owns this girl)

Domachowska over Arvidoson 11/10( Always back against arvidson when she is fave for a match)

Makarova over Meusburger 5/6- Impressive this russian (I had her in my picks but when i copied and paste some mistake happened but i had the bitch!)

Bondarenko over Wozniaki 8/11( Hoping the experience will tell with this one, Wozniaki is very close to breaking through and making a huge impact, since she was 12 she has been hyped up big time but i reckon alona will be too solid for her)

Castano over Pascual 5/4 (Catilina must be hitting the ball well to beat safarova, slow courts suit her game and this will be a close battle)

Cillic over Melzer 8/11 (Incredible price)
Safin over Baghdatis 6/5 (Lets hope the oafs up for it)
Monaco over Delic 1/3 (Monaco is two levels above amer, recent win over serve and vollyer llodra should give confidence)

gl

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Delic over Monaco 11/4

Cilic over Melzer 8/11

WTA
Morigami over Kirilenko 11/4

·
Registered
32,173 Posts
Cillic over Melzer 8/11 (Incredible price)
Incredible price for MELZER IMO.Dont get me wrong,I want Cilic to win,but he is way,way too overrated at the bookies because of his win over Almugro.Melzer's got a more consistent game,he is a lefty,Cilic should be the underdog here!

Great value on Melzer.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Aussie Open day 4

Haase over Grosjean
Safin over Baghdatis...he has a nagging thigh injury...in a 5 setter match with return to form Safin already 1-0 h2h...

WTA

Koryttseva over Lisicky.Great spot for a Lisicky letdown after beating an out of sorts Safina.Koryttseva has a 3-0 h2h as recently as this past December 31...books are off in this match in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Another intresting match I'm looking at is the Mirza match.She is facing 3 years in jail for being barefoot near a Indian flag.A no-no in Indian culture that is already frowning on her wearing short shirts and low tops(my fav!) .She has said that she initially wanted to pull out and it is weighing heavy on her mind.She won her opening match but faces a hungry young opponent who is more focused and worth looking at with the insane odds of 400 for every 100.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts