Registered
8,267 Posts
Well done tim!!!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Skysports.com

Tim Henman made a winning return to competitive action after a six-week injury absence, beating Anthony Dupuis 7-5 6-3 in the first round of the BA-CA Trophy.

The British number one has not played since his first round exit at the US Open, when he was troubled by a back problem which has been a concern for some time.

However, he showed no signs of injury as he overcame Dupuis in a hard-fought contest in Vienna.

Dupuis, who has won only one ATP Tour title compared to Henman's 11, stayed level with his opponent to 5-5 in the opening set, before the 31-year-old held in the 11th game before making the decisive breakthrough in the 12th.

The Frenchman hit back with a break at the start of the second set, but his revival did not last long.

Henman broke back immediately and then raced into a 5-2 lead, closing out comfortably on serve in the ninth game.

He will face either Radek Stepanek or Luis Horna, who beat him in the second round of the French Open earlier this year, in round two.

However, Henman is in confident mood and believes his injury is a thing of the past.

"Obviously, I've been working hard back home and putting a lot of time on the court and in the gym, but when you step out on the match court it is the next level," he said.

"Not only was I really pleased with the way I played, I was more interested in how I would feel physically and I feel I came through very, very well.

"Today I didn't feel anything. There were no aches and pains, no twinges. Second point going up for the smash I'm thinking this could hurt, but fortunately it didn't and that's a good sign.

"The next 24 hours is still important, but I do feel confident that I'll react okay."

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Congrats to Tim even I lost the bets! :yeah:

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I'm still in shock. He actually can win a match (not including ones where the opponent doesn't try). :eek:

Well done Tim, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
it was good while it lasted. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Let's not jinx it. :lol: :devil:

Go Timmmmmy! :cool:

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Tims won another match!!! Woohooo!! Great win against Clement :)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm oh so behind here. What round is Henman in and who is he playing next?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Well done Tim! :aparty:

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Great win over seppi!! :) Good luck against koubek tim!! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts