Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
50,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great insight into PEAK Federer and what he was doing and his mindset, awesome vid!

"If you go, somebody else will take your spot. The tennis will live on but you won't. You're just there in the moment itself. You can never be bigger than the game and I think you always have to remember that"

·
Premium Member
11,977 Posts
Tony Roche 2005 " There are a lot of players out there that just want to take the money and don't really care where the game is going to be in 10 to 15 years. Where as , Roger is very much aware of his responsibility to the game"

So true.

I really despise the Djokovic and Nadal fans who do not understand or appreciate what he does for the game. This quote, almost 15 years later defines the man we see barely losing in the 5th set of the Wimbledon Finals! The guy who plays countless sold out exhibitions and donates to charities across the globe. The guy who created Team8 or some Roger company which supports promoting new players of the game. He even created his own SANCTIONED tournament , which has had superb success over the past three years and has garnered new support in tennis. I mean he is out there so kids and even amateur mug tennis players can think, "wow I want to play tennis like Federer" , just having some one pick up a racket is a step in the right direction for the sport we all know and love.

·
Premium Member
11,977 Posts
Tony Roche 2005 " There are a lot of players out there that just want to take the money and don't really care where the game is going to be in 10 to 15 years. Where as , Roger is very much aware of his responsibility to the game"

So true.

I really despise the Djokovic and Nadal fans who do not understand or appreciate what he does for the game. This quote, almost 15 years later defines the man we see barely losing in the 5th set of the Wimbledon Finals! The guy who plays countless sold out exhibitions and donates to charities across the globe. The guy who created Team8 or some Roger company which supports promoting new players of the game. He even created his own SANCTIONED tournament , which has had superb success over the past three years and has garnered new support in tennis. I mean he is out there so kids and even amateur mug tennis players can think, "wow I want to play tennis like Federer" , just having some one pick up a racket is a step in the right direction for the sport we all know and love.
Oh and I can't edit my post... but to finish.

Then you have posters out there, " FINALLY NOSERER LOSE R2 to PUSHING MUG " "Arroganterer is ruining our spot , shank after shank. " "Ballerina is so boring for tennis." "All Federer fans are glory hunters." "Federer's era was terrible to watch and 2004-2007 should be erased from the history books"

Piss off.

·
Premium Member
29,535 Posts
Living legend. I'm thankful he's still on tour.

Reactions: Monsi

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
little did he know what he would go on to achieve after this, incredible!

Reactions: cmchelsea
1 - 9 of 9 Posts