Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, better late than never, here's the US Open thread.

He's had a fantastic run so far, considering his shoulder problems. Two matches, two straight sets wins.

1st round:
(5)Tim Henman (GBR) d. (q)Tuomas Ketola (FIN) 6-1 6-1 6-1

2nd round:
(5)Tim Henman (GBR) d. (q)Dick Norman (BEL) 6-3 6-4 7-5

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim's message from New York, just on an off chance that some of you are not receiving his newsletter:

It's been a frustrating couple of days for all concerned due to the bad weather here in New York - it's very difficult to keep focused when you're sitting around all day waiting to play. Unlike at Wimbledon, there are no indoor courts on site at Flushing Meadows so it hasn't even been possible to get out on court and loosen up. However, we've all been through this before and I'm sure it won't be the last time it happens so it's just something we have to deal with. The fact that I have had another rest day is good news for my shoulder, though, and hopefully when I eventually face Juan Ignacio Chela in the third match of the day on Court 11 today it should be pretty close to being fully recovered.

Best wishes,
Tim

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
lol Layla, u sure that was from Tim? ;)

and why is Tim playing on Court 11? he's the 5th seed! :fiery:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course I am, aren't you? :confused: He's very involved with his fans. And hyperactive, so he needs to be occupied. He answers questions every Monday. You think somebody else does that for him? I very much doubt that. :(

And Ferrero is playing on court 7, being the 7th seed. :fiery: Besides, Ferrero is always dumped somewhere in the middle of nowhere. At least Tim gets SOME spotlight. What I don't understand is why El Aynaoui and Ferreira are playing on grandstand, neither of them are top 10. :mad:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it's all over now, courtesy of Chela. :sad:

I knew I shouldn't have started this thread. :rolleyes: Silly me. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts