Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying some tickets and wondering how quickly (if at all) the earlier rounds sell out. I'm planning on reserving tickets for Friday (womens semis and mens quarters) and am thinking that I will buy tickets for a couple early round night sessions when I get there. Any advice? Also, if anyone's going, I might be there by myself for a couple sessions if anyone wants to meet up.

Thanks

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
The early weekend rounds (like the first saturday/sunday of main draw play) can sell out if the weather is really nice - but then i think they open up grounds passes which get you everywhere but the stadium (and I know for myself I BARELY went into the stadium in the 3 days I was there last year b/c there's so much to see and do on the outer courts and around the grounds :lol: ). But I think you can usually get night session tickets, it's the day that's the problem I *think*. The best bet, if you know when you're going, would be to buy in advance though - even if it's a day in advance. The problem seems to be in the morning, people line up for tickets for that day and that's when they sell out, at least this is what I've witnessed the past couple years.

I'll be there Friday-Monday, the 13th-17th, would be glad to say hello :) I think there will be a few other MTFers there throughout the tourney as well, maybe they'll post here!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I already bought tickets for both finals on the 23rd. I'm really excited since this is only going to be my 2nd time going to a tennis game. My first tennis game was back in 2000, even though I was young it was great. Got to see a young Guillermo Coria winning the Copa Ericsson Argentina 2000. Can't wait till the 23rd, whoo!!:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be there in 2010.:eek: Hopefully!!;)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I am going out there early Sat., probably will get the grounds pass and stay the whole day, since I have to get back for work, but there will be plenty to see there, usually you could just get the tix when you get there...

·
85,829 Posts
Yep, saturday's a great day to go, lots of stuff going on all around the grounds all day :D but try to get there early or you could be standing in line for ages...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanx Deb! for sure, I live out in Orange County so I m literally leaving early since it takes about 3 hr. to get there... :awww:

·
85,829 Posts
oohh, have a fun drive :hug: I'm heading out tomorrow and will be there Friday-Monday. Been looking forward to it for some time (I need the break :lol: ) so hopefully the weather is not too hot for us :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts