Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Hmm, not the most convincing performance from Federer, was it? He was 3/14 on converting breakpoints, something which also let him down at the Masters Cup against Hewitt - I think he took 5 out of 21 breakpoints in that match. Still, at least he said in the on-court interview afterwards that he could play better and that he'll have to against Arazi.

Judging by the way Arazi played against Kafelnikov, he's looking dangerous - he's probably playing better than that match at RG where he defeated Roger. Still, get past him and he has a good chance for a second title this year.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
What, you mean you've never heard of Attila the Hun? Muscular guy, has a bandanna, wavy blond hair and a chiselled face that all make him resemble Thomas Enqvist. The only match I've seen him play was against Federer at the AO last year, where he was quite impressive but lost in straight sets. Oh, and he had the dubious distinction of losing first round at Wimbledon to Barry 'Bazza' Cowan, the man who took Sampras to five sets at Wimby the previous year.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Sjengster said:
What, you mean you've never heard of Attila the Hun? Muscular guy, has a bandanna, wavy blond hair and a chiselled face that all make him resemble Thomas Enqvist. The only match I've seen him play was against Federer at the AO last year, where he was quite impressive but lost in straight sets. Oh, and he had the dubious distinction of losing first round at Wimbledon to Barry 'Bazza' Cowan, the man who took Sampras to five sets at Wimby the previous year.
Attila Savolt (HUN)

His first win of the year was this week over Henman.

LOL, and apparently his last for awhile ;)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, that was a pretty comfortable win for Ljubicic. But if Schuettler's back on form, which he seems to be judging by his victory today, he should roll over Ivan quite easily tomorrow. After all if he beat him indoors in Davis Cup in Croatia, a match on hardcourt in the desert heat should be no problem.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts