Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thursday, January 3

Center Court 1 - Matches Start At: 5:00 PM
1. Benjamin BECKER (GER)/Oliver MARACH (AUT) vs Julien BENNETEAU (FRA)/Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)
Not Before 6:00 PM
2. Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
3. Ernests GULBIS (LAT) vs Jo-Wilfried TSONGA (FRA)

Center Court 2 - Matches Start At: 4:00 PM
1. Martin GARCIA (ARG)/Marcelo MELO (BRA) vs Simone BOLELLI (ITA)/Dudi SELA (ISR)
2. Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) vs Frank DANCEVIC (CAN)
3. Mischa ZVEREV (GER) vs Vincent SPADEA (USA)
4. Eric BUTORAC (USA)/Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) vs Chris GUCCIONE (AUS)/Robert SMEETS (AUS)

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
Is that 4/5pm Canadian time? Or did it sink in to them that yeah, it's hot... lets give them a break :lol:

(I assume the second court is just a copy/paste mistake :))

I really don't know how they're expecting to finish the tournament in time :shrug:

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
How is this tournament supposed to finish in time for Sydney / Auckland. It just seems there are too few courts, and too few matches on them :shrug:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Is that 4/5pm Canadian time? Or did it sink in to them that yeah, it's hot... lets give them a break :lol:

(I assume the second court is just a copy/paste mistake :))

I really don't know how they're expecting to finish the tournament in time :shrug:
Depends where you live in Canada ;) d_s lives in British Columbia so it's easier for him to follow this tournament :p

As long as Frank :worship: knows when and where he has to show up to beat his opponents, that's all we care about

·
Registered
175 Posts
How is this tournament supposed to finish in time for Sydney / Auckland. It just seems there are too few courts, and too few matches on them :shrug:
QF's tomorrow, SF on Saturday and Final on Sunday. Same format as every other year, the Men's first Round in Sydney doesn't start until Monday and goes into Tuesday. Any player going to Auckland might have to fly out Sunday night, but it is no different to other years.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
It just seems so bizarre to me, but that could be because of the tournament set-up, with just the two courts. I know there were only three in previous years, but two...it just seems a small number :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
It just seems so bizarre to me, but that could be because of the tournament set-up, with just the two courts. I know there were only three in previous years, but two...it just seems a small number :)

Yeah fair point, this year however they have the two courts going at day and night where as previously only centre court had the night session so that gives them a couple extra a day.:)

So far I think the new format has worked well, it's dissapointing it's the last year of the tournament.:(

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
There is no video :sad:
Woo! Oli/Benjamin break back :D

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
Oli/Becker take first set 6-4 :D

4 games in a row. Not bad at all.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
thanks kristen
Sorry I couldn't give you better news:wavey:

I don't think Oli wants to come to Sydney :lol: If he keeps winning like this...:eek:

Go Jarkko and Frank! [Mostly Jarkko, but Frank seems pretty cool, and enjoyable to watch. I could handle Jarkko losing to him. Maybe.]

1 - 20 of 126 Posts