Mens Tennis Forums banner

361 - 374 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
This country loves to blame and always directed at wrong people...henman getting into the world stage and to have a brit guy going to all these atp tournies and semis at wimbledon shoudl has been a revoultion and got people who hated tennis into it for at least 2 weeks a year...but they havent built on it and lumped the fred perry last winner thing on him and its blown up yet again...it snot his fault and he will laugh in 10 years when we are strugglign to find a top 100 player

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Becker commentates matches?
Is he good?

·
Registered
300 Posts
becker is great !!! lol he does a lot of matches here and hes funny, he said when srichaphan took off his shirt off at wimbledon "man we all want to have body like that, thats a good body" lmao

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: Thursday Live scores

He is very good. The German accent is at times a little thick, but he's witty, he has a great sense of humour, he has, erm, style (that hair!), and best of all, he still hits on beautiful-looking women even from the commentary box. At the start of last year's final he had some approving words once he saw a shot of Nalbandian's girlfriend in the player's box...

It's a weird experience hearing the normally vocal Chris Bailey (one of our less successful players, but also our staple tennis presenter on Sky) sandwiched in a commentary booth between Becker and McEnroe, utterly intimidated by the presence of greatness... that's what the BBC can get, fortunately. In other words, no Barry Cowan.

·
Registered
300 Posts
you cant beat boris...he had epic win over agassi at wimbledon semis in 1995 and lost to sampras in final and swapped the plate for trophy and ran off then handed back to sampras and laughed i like his humour

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: Thursday Live scores

Hmm... Agassi must have been watching, because he half-heartedly tried the same thing in 99 when he was runner-up but didn't have the guts to go through with it. You've got to admit, Becker made 'em laugh - he had the audience in stitches during his victory speech at the 96 AO, even though I don't remember anything particularly funny being said on his part.

·
Registered
300 Posts
oh come on ...on court he was hilarious if he was losing he screwed face up and swore ...he sshouted in agassi semi in 95 for gods sakes turn the machine off just do something...and was 2-6 and 2-3 dwn with break and it seemed to work.

he played every point like it was his life and went on to win match eventually depsite being breakpoint down all the time on serve.

·
Registered
300 Posts
becker used to totally go mental with himself and look like he was gonna physically cry when the match was goiing wrong lol u cant beat it

·
Registered
300 Posts
dont get me wrong i dont want henmans blood but 2001 the rian stopped him finishing off ivansivec when on top and that was his last shout....hewitt and grosjean outhit and passed him last 2 years to tell him the chance has gone and passed

·
Registered
300 Posts
i wish a tennis god up above would explain the guga match pleeeease.....last couple of weeks guga has played flawless tennis and been so safe on serve and henman is always likely to drop serve here and there and for guga going to cliff edge with philippoussis why this 6-4 6-2 scoreline and result??????????

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Hi guys,
Guga admitted he was very tired today and had not much energy after that long match yesterday.. but he gave full credit to Henman, said he deserved to win and played well... Guga said overall that he was really happy with his end of year performances and his trophy, and he said his goal was to reconquer clay next year!!!!

GO GUGAA You did great, now continue!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Too bad Guga lost as I was looking forward to seeing him against Rogi! But considering the injury he had been thru, it's not bad at all. At least he won at St. Petersburg last weekend.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Damnittohell! ESPN cut off the live coverage at 6-3 in the first TB of Roger's match. Not only did I miss Fed but also Guga. :mad: :mad:
Phew...Roger! I thought I'd be seeing another upset after Juanqui crashed out. :eek: :sobbing:
Guga :sad:

361 - 374 of 374 Posts