Mens Tennis Forums banner

341 - 360 of 374 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Thursday Live scores

zephyr_uk said:
what a joke, i hope federer kicks jis arse into next week agggghhhhhhh
Wait, I thought you liked Tim.... guess not?

·
85,829 Posts

zephyr_uk said:
yeah well i had a bet on guga to beat him
aha....

well good luck Tim, I like both him and Roger but it'd be great to see Tim pull the upset

Considering the concorde doesn't fly anymore, zephyr, that seems extremely unlikely.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i dont know what nationality you are but everyone here laughs at henman and when he gets knocked out of wimbledon every year they say well come on he aint good enough........

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thursday Live scores

Sjengster said:
Woh, so zephyr was all for Henman yesterday against Grosjean but now wants Federer to kick him out tomorrow? Good luck mate, with Henman's record against Federer it will most likely be the other way round.

Timbo served a double fault to open up when serving for the match, but hit two aces to finally close it out - he outaced Guga 6 to 4, which says a lot about how much better a returner he is than Philippoussis.
I imagine Tim is salivating at the QFs v Rogi... probably motivated him to win so easily today.

I guess Guga was tired out... Rogi will be tomorrow AND he has the back prob to boot...

W be nice to see Rogi legitimately beat Tim though, on one of their preferred surfaces... ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
and considering henman is 29 and too many better players ahead of him winning wimbledon is also "unlikely" oh but wait he never goes beyong 4th round in other slams so does that mean he will never win a slam? LOL

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thursday Live scores

bunk18bsb said:
aha....

well good luck Tim, I like both him and Roger but it'd be great to see Tim pull the upset

Considering the concorde doesn't fly anymore, zephyr, that seems extremely unlikely.
Interesting... upset -- yes, it w be the upset as Rogi is #3 and the favourite to win the match and even the tournament [well, after Juanqui and Pandy] but in a way it w be an upset of sorts if Rogi were to beat TIM properly... interessant... ;)

I look forward to the match!!

·
85,829 Posts
No one says Tim is like the most wonderful player ever but he's solid and considering how badly he was hurt at the beginning of the year he's having a pretty good end to the season.

So what if he's 29? I love seeing the "older guys" play well... especially after people have already passed on them, like many have on Tim.

He may not have won a GS but he's won titles on carpet (one of them was beating Roger at home, to boot). I don't think you can count Tim out so easily tomorrow.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i only wanted henman to get through two rounds so he could face kuerten or philippoussis so i could have bet on him losing...ok i lost but at least i am honest...there will be other good days

·
85,829 Posts

zephyr_uk said:
and you didnt catch on with my sarcasm the point concorde doesnt fly was point of the sarcasm
well considering how difficult it was to discern why you were rooting for him yesterday and completely against him today as if you were a different person, pardon me for not being able to tell LOL

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Well zephyr, I happen to hail from the same country, and for all that we continually moan about Henman not performing at Wimbledon and being a choker and not being good enough and only winning "joke tournaments" (ie, anything except Wimbledon in the minds of the British press), it's still good to see him beating a couple of quality players like this. I mean come on, Grosjean and Kuerten in Paris? The French love those two players, yet Henman proved superior at a tournament where he's had a poor record in the past!

Whoever wins tomorrow, I certainly anticipate a tough battle. If you see my signature, it's not as though I don't like Federer and absolutely adore Henman, so I'll be happy with either winning. It'll be very interesting, though, to see whether the improved Federer of 2003 now knows the way to play Henman - especially indoors, where their two matches have been crushing wins by Henman.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well el anouiyia is older at 31 i think and i much prefer him to henman and would trust him more on holding serve and all round consistent game

·
Registered
300 Posts
do you not think sue barker and british media build henman into somethign he is not??? every year at wimbledon according to them hes the big british hero about hail......and anyone with a tennis brain knows he hasnt got what it takes to win a wimbledon, hes world top 20 at best not top 6

·
Registered
300 Posts
as your english...did you see GMTV the monday after wimbledon this year??? Federer was all grins with his trophy and said he didnt think henman could win wimbledon as he doesnt have the tools to frighten people, if he had mre potent serve etc......thats a come down hearing that from a fellow pro

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Well he was certainly a Top 5 player last year when he reached 4 in the world, before the shoulder injury got him. I agree that it gets irritating and I'm still waiting for the moment when a foreign studio guest like McEnroe or Shriver or Cash breaks down in fury at having to answer questions about Henman and categorically states that he doesn't have a hope, but I'd still rather support him instead of just cheaply writing him off. He will always have a chance there with his game and with that level of support - but he will need a good draw and faster courts to aid him...

I think Sue Barker had a secret love affair with Henman several years ago and still carries a torch for him despite his having spurned her affections - the level of adoration is quite worrying at times.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

zephyr_uk said:
as your english...did you see GMTV the monday after wimbledon this year??? Federer was all grins with his trophy and said he didnt think henman could win wimbledon as he doesnt have the tools to frighten people, if he had mre potent serve etc......thats a come down hearing that from a fellow pro
Federer did GMTV? I never saw this! I did see a quote from him saying that Henman had to improve his serve to challenge at Wimbledon, but this I didn't know. Of course he's right, but I wonder if Henman will have a point to prove tomorrow when they face off?

·
Registered
300 Posts
lmao @ barker secret love affair......

i wish one of them in studio would have the guts to say no i dont think hes good enough...becker seems the closest...he will more or less tell you henmans up against it with big opponent

·
Registered
300 Posts
lets take henman out the picture for moment and where the hell does british tennis stand when henman retires??? i dont see somebody breaking top 200

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Pat Cash isn't backward in coming forward, he slagged off Henman mercilessly during Wimbledon 2002 (usually with good reason, it must be said) and was the only one to categorically pick Hewitt for the semifinal - even I could have predicted that one, but I think John Lloyd et al went with Henman out of patriotic loyalty.

It's a good point, I want to see whether the media will give more coverage to the young players (that's if their results merit it, of course...). I do hope for the future, especially in DC, that we can have a decent British team without the weary-sounding combo of "Tim and Greg" being vital to our success. I think Rusedski's almost had it anyway, with his injuries he's on the verge of abandoning the game.

341 - 360 of 374 Posts