Mens Tennis Forums banner
1,181 - 1,200 of 1,201 Posts
7.10pm. Still raining. I don’t want to alarm you but the BBC are now showing the Borg McEnroe final from 1980. That is usually the precursor to a major downpour. It never fails – wheel out the old boys and the heavens open. They ought to know better.:D :D :D :D :worship: :worship:

1916: Finally, the voice of Wimbledon accepts the inevitable. Because of "failing light and rain in the air", there will be no more play for the day.

7.15pm. It’s all over. Play has been cancelled for the day due to the rain and the bad light. We will start all over again tomorrow at 11am.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't know why people are saying "this is the worst slam ever." It's not the tournament's fault it's rained so much. You can't control the weather. Now, I will say it's their fault for not playing on the middle Sunday and for not playing earlier in the morning.

Anyway, will the final be backed up a day now?

I don't know why people are saying "this is the worst slam ever." It's not the tournament's fault it's rained so much. You can't control the weather.
ofcourse they can't...but why being so god damn stupid year after year? why can't they say...ok, the weather is shitty and unpredicable the whole week, let's start the matches at 10 pm so they get finished 'till the evening. but nooooooooo, that would probably harm the english tradition, the world would fall apart if they do it. but i'm sure that roddick and gasquet or any other player would rather start playing at 10 pm than wait 4 days for his match to complete.

unbelievable

ofcourse they can't...but why being so god damn stupid year after year? why can't they say...ok, the weather is shitty and unpredicable the whole week, let's start the matches at 10 pm so they get finished 'till the evening. but nooooooooo, that would probably harm the english tradition, the world would fall apart if they do it. but i'm sure that roddick and gasquet or any other player would rather start playing at 10 pm than wait 4 days for his match to complete.

unbelievable
Word...

1,181 - 1,200 of 1,201 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.