Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hangdog said:
ToJo began his training from the football
omg ToJo and his football!

Tomas was in the best mood, was the most talkative there, always joked, laughed. And he played especially accurate.
Nice to know he's having a good time :) hope that translates to a title soon... (no pressure at all ;) )

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
margaret_gn said:
omg ToJo and his football!
Swedes love playing footy :haha:

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
:bigwave:hangdog...u're name is irina,no?thanks for the pics....do u ahve any with marat?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You're right Miruna... And there were no Marat, that info about his coming was maybe wrong or perhaps he changed his opinion.
And there is a report of yesterday's match Vik-Serra. Especially for those who's interested in Russian crowd...
http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2572944&postcount=79
___
went out to support Juan Monaco. Vamos!!!!

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Hangdog said:
You're right Miruna... And there were no Marat, that info about his coming was maybe wrong or perhaps he changed his opinion.
And there is a report of yesterday's match Vik-Serra. Especially for those who's interested in Russian crowd...
___
It's so nice to have a convert to Juan :hug:

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
probablly marat remained to cheer up igor:lol:...but in serra-vik no russian played...sandee didn't tell me...did u talk to florent?;);)

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
thanks for the stories irina...it seems u have time and patience..after a day in the court i hadn't had any:rolls:!

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
now i've finished to read u're story irina...:hug:i know who it was to have stupids ppl in the crowd....as everybody knows(i guess...so don't :smash: me cuz i say it once again)i got punched by one of those kind of idiot guys:fiery:!so i'm all about u irina..can u imagine how it was if flo had played with a russian and u have cheered flo?i know how it was when i cheered for igor in semifinal with hanescu...so f**k those durak;)

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Hangdog said:
___
WHAT?!!I read that report..this could not happen if jesus had been there!

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
and what have done jesus?u can't just tghrow ppl away..especially that not the ppl who payes tickets and just come to see the matches react that way...they are usualyy guys who know what is tennis and how u should behaive in a tennis court...the guy who :boxing: me was the principal of a bank(sorry i remember that once more:( )!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi, guys!
I DID go to SPb on Wednesday and was at that match! I can confirm the info anout those (censored) guys - Ira tells the truth.
P.S. If I have time I'll post my report here later.

·
Registered
678 Posts
And BWT Hangdog was REALLY furious yesterday- believe me :)

And there was another thing that made me angry - Safin's absence! I really hoped to see him there! Damn! Зараза кудрявая!

·
Registered
678 Posts
And BTW one more time LOL :)
Ira, you should say not "I hate Russians" but "I hate those idiots" - there's the difference.
But I agree it was a shame for the country, the sity and the tournament.

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
i can uinderstand u..i'm not proud of my romanian ppl too:awww:..the players should protest!they should be tougher with those guys!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mara_M said:
irina..can u imagine how it was if flo had played with a russian and u have cheered flo?
Ha! I'm very experienced in that meaning :p . Last year I cheered Micka Llodra in St. Petersburg when he played Safin! And can you imagine that by the end of the match many Russians added to me and also began to support Mickael! And this summer I supported French Davis Cup team in Moscow LOL. But one thing... when I cheered frenchies I always do it in French only so nobody knows that I'm Russian... and nobody wants to have an international conflicts lol.

Dream said:
And BWT Hangdog was REALLY furious yesterday
hey! Why furious? I'd be furious if I do the thing I was going to... stood up and began to argue to umpire. After the match I just was too sad and angry but not furiuos I think.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Going to finish my reports although I’ve already forgot the most of the details...

So Monday.

I came at the stadium a quarter before the beginning of the first matches and went to the court 1 where Florent Serra had to play. Near the entrance I met Juan Monaco who looked at the info board. He said he finished his practice and was going to the hotel to have a rest. I wished him to have a nice day (although according his previous words I was almost sure he is not going to leave the hotel and visit any other places). Anyway there was nobody on the first court so I walked around the stadium and returned back just some minutes late. Florent Serra was already there and waited for his rival Jonas Björkman. I wished Florent all the best things and went to the tribune because I saw he tried to concentrate and I certainly wasn’t going to annoy him. So I came to the tribune and began to think where it’s better to sit. And I saw two men who didn’t look like Russians. I tried to hear what language they are talking but I wasn’t so close to them and couldn’t hear them so clear. Anyway I was sure their language is not Swedish then I thought they could be frenchies so I decided to come and ask. But unfortunately they became Italians and were the usual visitors there. Anyway I sat near them to get more details. Because it was the first case for me when I saw foreign visitors on our tournament. Although I have to admit this year was really special because we had even a group of foreign line judges and there were enough foreigners on the tribunes – for the Russian tournament it’s unusual thing, I can compare it with the previous years. And let’s return to the tennis. The match began and it was the first time I saw Serra in action. He does needed to concentrate before the match because one of his main features was his serve. Thankfully it once he even saved his game after 0-40. But Björkman is Björkman – great and very experienced player. So the match was very tough match. I supported in French Florent. Thomas Johansson and his coach sat right behind me and supported Jonas in Swedish of course. Thomas was leaving the court during the second set and I think he went to the central court to support there Jarkko. Anyway he came back right after Nieminen lost his match – and here on the first court the 3rd set started (during the pause between sets I’ve noticed there were Knowle, Kiefer, Philippoussis and some other Germans on the second court – having a practice). And also there were Simon Aspelin with his coach on our court but they left us in the middle of the match. So the set 3rd set was very tough too. I actively cheered Florent, Thomas did the same for Jonas. But Jonas seemed to be tired and Florent played great – so the match was for Serra. And after the end of the match I returned to Thomas and asked in Swedish to get a photo of him and his coach – and that was the funniest moment of the day, you can imagine! Then I left the tribune, came to Flo and talked to him while we went to another end of the stadium where the players’ rooms were. Florent went out and I saw Melzer and Davletshin leaving the central court. Yeah, while Serra and Björkman did their game on the first court there finished two matches on the central one. So finally I saw who is that guy Davletshin and firstly saw Melzer too. Jurgen was very nice – he gave autographs for everybody who asked him. Then there was a pause in matches because of the opening ceremony. But before the ceremony I watch a little part of the MirnyiKunitsyn practice. And when I went to watch the official opening of the tournament I met Gabashvili who stayed and talked to his parents – and nobody put attention on him because his face is still unknown... There wasn’t anything special on the ceremony. Or maybe it was but I missed it because really I was reading the tournament magazine during it (shame on me, hehe). Anyway the ceremony wasn’t so long and I finished the reading right to the end of it. I turned my foots to the first court where it was the beginning of PavelVanek match. Ha, there were some very “clever” girls who thought that Pavel and Vanek are the first names and they both are Russians. Well, the match wasn’t so tough – for Pavel at least. The more interesting detail of that match for me was that there was Alexander Kerzhakov, one of the best Russian football players, on the tribune. And when after the first set he left the tribune and went to the central court I did the same thing because I didn’t waste my chance to meet him. And, well, I didn’t waste it. So then I watched a part of CarlsenMirnyi match. Well, I thought Max is a better player then Kenneth. But when I saw them face-to-face I found that Kenneth did his tennis better and although the first set won Mirnyi I hadn’t any doubt leaving the central court Carlsen’d go out as a winner. And the reason why I left the court was I wanted to see duet Aspelin/Perry in action against Beck/Pala. Well, I saw them of course but unfortunately the match wasn’t so interesting especially 6-0 in the first set. So I watched it up to the end and was going to home. The day was done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Tuesday.

The beginning of the day was absolutely nice. I came to the central court and saw there some players. I already don’t remember who were two other who left the court soon. But there were Karol Beck and one more guy I couldn’t recognize. They had their practice when some women came to clean the court. Women asked players to left the court (in Russian!). But of course players didn’t understand them and just began to joke and tell all the Russian words they knew. It sounded so funny!!! Finally they even got five extra minutes for the practice!
The first match I saw that day was Nieminen/Tursunov against Arthurs/Hanley. Russians furiously supported their country mate and his partner but they wasn’t so good to beat Australian duet. After the match I left the tribune and was going to the central court when I remembered that there had to be several my mates on Nieminen’s match so I went back. Tursunov and Jarkko were still there giving autographs for everybody. My mates were either there. They asked why I didn’t want to get a photo with their cute Jarkko I answered I didn’t mind. But sure – as usually – they did something wrong with my camera and instead of a normal picture they got closed up Jarkko’s face. Then we together went to KieferGarcia-Lopez match. Well, Nicolas had to win that match and he did it. But not so easy. It seems he still has some problems with his health. When the match of GabashviliMonaco started I moved to the first court. But Juan didn’t need some extra support, he did it well. Teimuraz was a little bit nervous and not so strong. So Juan reached the second round but had one more match that day. Before his doubles match there were a children’s master class with Davydenko and Davletshin on the central court – another nice even, just for the pleasure. Then there were else Knowle/Melzer Bhupathi/Damm match. Damm and his partner played a little bit better I think but the support of the crowd was for Austrians and they were more courageous and won the match. And had a possibility to watch YouzhnyBeck match and compare it with the last year’s one. This year I think it was harder to Misha to beat Karol but it happened something with Beck in the second set and he retied. Although I didn’t see that he got an injury. Next match I visited was Monaco/Kim Davletshin/Kunitsyn. Russian crowd was absolutely crazy that match and their players easy won it. Although Juan and Kevin was tired after their singles matches and did nothing special to win. Then I returned to the central court to watch VerdascoPhilippoussis. The match was the most interesting of that day – that’s for sure. They both showed a great game and everybody could win the last set. But my mate persuaded me to leave the stadium and go home because it was too late – I had to agree and went back at home where I checked that Verdasco finally won.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Plus

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
And

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wednesday.

I went to bed when it was autumn outside and I woke up in the winter. We had the first snow. First thing in my mind was “Poor Monaco! He told it’s so cold for him some days ago and how it’d be for him now?!” I went to the stadium late and yeah, the first person I met there was Juan himself and his coaches. He just finished his practice and was going to have a massage, lunch and then resting in his room and visiting Internet. And the weather was something awful for him. I went to the central court and saw there Kiefer, Burgsmuller and some others – I don’t remember now. But I was going to meet Florent Serra so little bit later I left the central court. And I chose the right minute! Because that was the moment when Florent just arrived at the stadium and came in. So I had enough time to talk to him and give anything I had to give him. Then there started the so called Pro-Am match of our governors and Youzhny and Johansson. Yes, it was a circus there but the most circus was when I found that day guards didn’t let to visit practicing courts – anybody at all except players. So then I watched VIP match again and then decided to leave the stadium, do some stuff in the city and return late to the beginning of Serra’s match. But I came back earlier and even watched a bit of CarlsenStakhovsky. Oh mein Gott, what a match it was! And it lasted almost 3.5 hours! But Kenneth had already an experience of almost the same match in the first round so finally he, being supported by thousands on the tribunes, won. But the world knew the new name – Andrei Stakhovsky. Then I watch the end of Björkman/MirnyiDavletshin/Kunitsyn (the first ranked couple seems great in action!) and Goldstein - Burgsmuller. And finally my match of the day started. But I’ve already wrote what a match it was http://menstennisforums.com/showpos...44&postcount=79 *ugggghhhhh*... I was too sad and angry to watch something else, was a little bit calmed by my mates and went at home.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts