Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
not only about rankings, although it is the most objective indicator, but also on betting markets which in turn take into account everything you have mentioned and much more. and the fact that nole had incredibly tougher competition for their titles than bold is a proven fact!
No, the "tougher competition" is not a "proven fact" to anyone who knows what "proof" and "facts" are.

The "tougher competition" notion is merely a fantasy of statistically illiterate Djokovic fans.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Cool and interesting analysis, but it's not a good way to determine the GOAT.
All this proves is that Djokovic has been underrated by bettors.
Using this criterion, the GOAT is probably some random challenger-level player who's won more matches than he should've.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,875 Posts
There is some truth in this. I have lost way more money betting on Federer than I have on Djokovic in any given match or scenario.

😩

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Yeah, quite cool and impressive right ? Proves statistically why he is above them at the moment.

Exactly, I agree. Good for them.
Yeah, because the 'proof' presented here is not influenced by all sorts of bias.

If you think Djokovic is the best, that's all you and I need to know.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Exactly, it's not like he has anything to worry about
Yes, he doesn’t because nobody can take away these 20 Slams. Whether they will be enough for keeping the Slam record, that’s another story, but that guy has won 20 Slams no matter what after all.

Sometimes when you browse here you got this feeling that he barely won a Masters in his career

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Yes, he doesn’t because nobody can take away these 20 Slams. Whether they will be enough for keeping the Slam record, that’s another story, but that guy has won 20 Slams no matter what after all.

Sometimes when you browse here you got this feeling that he barely won a Masters in his career
That's mostly due to his various "Jedis" and alike warriors, not because of other players fans... For some even 20 billion Slams wouldn't feel enough.

Reactions: NSMv1924
21 - 28 of 28 Posts