Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://aftonbladet.se/vss/telegram/0,1082,65817884_537__,00.html

"Coria is the player on the tour you really dislike. He makes stupid comments and he is generally pompous"

I like that the swedish players say what they think about the other players on the tour. It suprises me that it never creates big headlines outside sweden. I think for example about Jonas comments about the willimas sisters etc.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
It's also unprofessional to complain about balls that are a foot inside the line and, with incredible hypocrisy, accuse other players of being paranoid. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
swede said:
"Coria is the player on the tour you really dislike. He makes stupid comments and he is generally pompous"
:haha: :yeah:

Doesn't seem like the type of comment you would usually hear from T Johansson or any Swedish player.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
COME ON...

it's just an honest opinion. He also said that Coria is a very good tennis player. But I think if someone ask you what you think of a person you should be honest. Espacially if you find the person very nice or like coria, an idiot. And hey, what would the tennis, in an historic perspectiv be without some honest opinions?.. I like honest anwers.

And hey, swedes usually dont make enemies and comments like this. but swedes are pretty honest people. I'm sure Thomas didnt mean to create an argument or fight. But in sweden journalists and sportsmen talk friendly and in an hoinest way with eachother. And this journalist decided to quote thomas, and of course thats right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rosa Luxembourg said:
It's unprofessional if you ask me. Imagine you badmouth someone you work with.
Work with?.. I would rather say work against. But perhaps burger king and mc donalds work with eachother, I mean they do the same thing;)

And as long you are honest with what u think I think it's just fine.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
swede said:
Work with?.. I would rather say work against. But perhaps burger king and mc donalds work with eachother, I mean they do the same thing;)

And as long you are honest with what u think I think it's just fine.
Jeg forstår det.

I mean it's better to know openly than someone being nice to the face, but really disliking you.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Coming from Thomas Johansson - than you know it's a problem cause he never complains!

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
jrm said:
Coming from Thomas Johansson - than you know it's a problem cause he never complains!
Exactly - I would sat ToJo is one of the nicest, most honest and straightforward guys on the tour - and someone who most of the other players respect.

Reactions: tall_one

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Coria's technique sucks, or to be politically correct, "is awkward". His game is crap to watch for most people. He's got a record of nandrolone use. He's arrogant in his on court behaviour (no sportsmanship in the gentlemen's sport) and off court in his comments towards other players. He's disliked by lots of players and no other player has so frequent fights with others (in USO vs Massu most recently). Still he rarely gets criticised while everyone's so eager to slam Hewitt over his celebration style.

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
ToJo, I totally agree with you! :)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
There isn't any law saying that other players have to like each other, and as long as he told it directly to the person and not solely through the media, then that's fine.

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
I find the Coria bashing so pointless, I don't particularly like him but I don't see what he's done to deserve all this mocking, He may be a bit emotional on court, but so are other players.

·
F***ing have it
17,584 Posts
ToJo :eek:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
tangerine_dream said:
I'd be more impressed if he had the balls to say it to Coria's face instead of whining about him to the media.
That doesn't make sense. It would be pointless starting a fight like that, unprompted. Nobody would do that. He never said he had a problem with Coria or something to tell him directly. However, if a journalist asks for your opinion, why not be honest about it.

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Peoples said:
That doesn't make sense. It would be pointless starting a fight like that, unprompted. Nobody would do that. He never said he had a problem with Coria or something to tell him directly. However, if a journalist asks for your opinion, why not be honest about it.
And a comment like this one to the press wouldn't start a fight or a problem too? If you have a problem with someone you should talk it with person, and not say it behind his back. If a journalist asks you about someone, and you don't have a good opinion on him, shut up. I'm not saying to lie about it, and say nice things, just avoid any kind of comment. I wouldn't say anything at all about a collegue of mine. I find it unethical, but it's just me.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts