·
MONSOON season.
82,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a week :worship:

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
Why there are 2 clay-court tournaments in the same week exactly before hard-court season is beyond me.
I think this is the reason, good players don't even care about those tournaments.

·
24,074 Posts
Why there are 2 clay-court tournaments in the same week exactly before hard-court season is beyond me.
I think this is the reason, good players don't even care about those tournaments.
It's the odd post-Wimbledon calendar full of Clay and Hard Court tournaments scattered everywhere. Personally I would love to switch Newport with one of Bastad or Umag so we could see a lovely week with 1 of each type of court (Hard Bogota, Clay Umag/Bastad and Grass Newprot).

·
MONSOON season.
82,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the odd post-Wimbledon calendar full of Clay and Hard Court tournaments scattered everywhere. Personally I would love to switch Newport with one of Bastad or Umag so we could see a lovely week with 1 of each type of court (Hard Bogota, Clay Umag/Bastad and Grass Newprot).
Except there would be a week of no grass tennis after Wimbledon, with most players in Newport already having had at least one week off since they are unlikely to make it to the second week of Wimbledon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts