Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not Canadian and don't even like some of their players, but saw this and was impressed...

Just over-the-top and in-your-face.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Its good but its annoying that most Canadians didn't give a crap about tennis but now act like Canada is a powerhouse. I support Raonic, Vasek,Genie, and Nestor (not just because they are canadian) but all these bandwagoners on Canadian tv is so annoying.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Uncharacteristic bravado. Some puckhead in advertising prolly just reversed "Canada is Tennis" by mistake...

or,

It could be just more passive aggressive rhetoric because of Big Brother to the south :lol: We liken the syndrome to "being in bed with an elephant."

The ad could have said "we're the greatest" like you hear in the US all the time but that's a whole different topic.

Most likely just a thoughtless ad. The guy will lose his job for sure.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Milos, Genie, and Vasek

what typical, native Canadian names :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Tennis Canada
... Raonic (Montenegro), Pospisil (Czech R), Nestor (Serbia), and bitchy Bouchard
Developed by the Canadian system. Milos will admit that. Leave your racial purity BS out of it.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
re: Bouchard.

Hippo doesn't know that Canada was founded by the French/English...he must be American :lol:

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
So, if BNP Paribas is tennis (We are Tennis) and Tennis is Canada, then....oh my god, BNP Paribas IS Canada! And I thought they were joking when they say the bankers run everything :eek:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I liked the gunshot at the end.

Good to see the future of American Tennis, Jack Sock, managed to find his way into the clip.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tennis Canada
... Raonic (Montenegro), Pospisil (Czech R), Nestor (Serbia), and bitchy Bouchard

"My countrymen are all those people—no matter what their race or language—whom the fortunes of war, the twists and turns of fate, or their own choice, have brought among us." It was true when Wilfred Laurier said it and it is true today.

We didn't piss away our leadership of civilization in an orgy of ethnic rivalry 100 years ago this week like that other continent.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts